JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
CLOSING THREAD DOWN FOR NOW. GUN NOT YET SOLD.

Way above average condition for a gun of its age. Mechanically, the internal parts are very good and there are still sharp angles to the steel. The bore is clean and shiny. Magazine tube holds 22LR/long/short rounds. The gun features a 24 inch barrel, easy take-down of the gun into two sections, and a vintage Weaver G4 era scope. There are the minor basic scratches and wear on the metal, a few small nicks in the wood, and someone in the past bunged up a few screws. Firearm consultant and author Randy Wakeman writing for the ChuckHawks gun review site wrote: "The Marlin 39A remains my favorite lever action rifle of any type and one of the finest .22's made". The American Gunsmith Marlin 39A Technical Manual on DVD is included.

Free brick of new .22LR ammo 525 rounds included with gun.

Oregon residents only. Bill of sale for my records only. Meet up in SE Portland. $675 or best realistic cash offer.

Marlin39A Image004.jpeg

Marlin39A Image003.jpg

Marlin39A Image007.jpeg

Marlin39A Image004.jpeg

Marlin39A Image003.jpg

Marlin39A Image007.jpeg

Cost on it new is $511, and MSRP is $702. This is used with marred screw heads. My offer is $275

If a member of this site politely sends me a PM and makes me an offer in the $500s range, with or without the brick of 22LR offered, I will respectfully consider it. My ad does state " or best realistic cash offer". Most of the Marlin 39As for sale nationwide on Armslist, in various condition, are selling from about $500-800 and none include a currently hard to find brick of 22LR ammo. This is not a political thread. This is my classified thread selling a gun that is my property. Your public comment is negative and disrespectful, and your price offer absurd and sarcastic.

Community Rules

14. Follow these specific classified rules.
No threadcrapping

If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it.

9. If you have a question regarding what you should buy, the value of the item, etc. you should post the question in the appropriate section, not within an ad in the classified section.

Really? Where do you find a new 1947 Marlin 39A?

Thank you for your comment in reply to funtukywindage. I did write in my ad that I'm open to any realistic cash offer. The $675 is a starting point and can be negotiated down and even lower if I don't have to include the 22LR ammo that has a good value on its own. Two weeks ago, I posted an ad online elsewhere than NWF and quickly sold (lower than my initial asking price) a Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum with the four inch barrel. I specifically decided not to post the SP101 ad on this site for obvious reasons.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.