JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1500
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Ashland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
1943 Springfield M1 Garand. Comes with 500rds of prvi partizan 30-06 ammo, a bayonet, sling, 50 en bloc clips, a garand grab and go chest rig, and a carrying case. Looking for cash, buyer pays transfer. Looks and shoots great for it's age, bought it from a collector who kept it in a safe for who knows many decades.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Need more details please. The receiver is 43 how about the rest of the rifle? Is it parts correct or a war, post war mix master? Import or non import?

Will supply pics tomorrow. The gun seems to have an interesting history, I talked to the collector I got it from about it. The stock is original, from 1943, the marks indicate that is was used during ww2. The bolt is from the 50's, stamped by the US so I assume it was either used in Korea or lend leased somewhere. Finally the barrel, also stamped by the US, is from 1963 which means it was still in service somewhere as far as 63. Maybe it was used in Vietnam but most likely leased to a country like Greece or China is my guess, just found its way back to the states.

Last Edited:
Need more details please. The receiver is 43 how about the rest of the rifle? Is it parts correct or a war, post war mix master? Import or non import?
It is not post war, the original stock is from 1943, bolt is from 50's (I could tell by serial number), barrel is from 1963. One could argue that's a good thing because the rifle was actually used in its life but I understand some might disagree. The continued service of this rifle and markings lead me to believe it was originally used in WW2 by us, whether it was used in Korea/Vietnam or leased somewhere I can't tell, all I know is it made it back to Oregon some time ago.

Last Edited:
I'll have a bunch tomorrow.
Sounds like a great deal with everything included.
I'd be curious of the condition of throat and muzzle. Do you have any measurements there?
The condition of the rifle seems fine, I'll have some pics for you tomorrow. I don't have measurements on what you're asking all I can say it just looks normal to me. (I'm no M1 expert)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.