JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting, I had not thought of that, but if so your experience would be a good argument against a monocore design for non-fixed platforms.
I agree that a monocore design should not have angled baffles; it makes POI wonky and all over the place it it isn't clocked just right.

I was using 230gr ball and Titegroup powder. I did liberally lithium grease the booster around the teeth. This made for a bit of a greasy mess with blowback into the action and upper magaizine, but at least no particulate blowback of hot stinging powder in face like on my Glock 21 or Sig P220. Using titegroup helps with complete burn but does leave a residue on brass and well, everywhere.

Last Edited:
I agree that a monocore design should not have angled baffles; it makes POI wonky and all over the place it it isn't clocked just right.

I was using 230gr ball and Titegroup powder. I did liberally lithium grease the booster around the teeth. This made for a bit of a greasy mess with blowback into the action and upper magaizine, but at least no particulate blowback of hot stinging powder in face like on my Glock 21 or Sig P220. Using titegroup helps with complete burn but does leaving a residue on brass and well, everywhere.
Wow I'm surprised the 220 has blowback. Always have heard about what great lockup and suppressor hosts the P series is. I changed the barrel from OEM to Apex with a longer lock time for my M&P 9 and it made a substantial difference with blowback.

Wow I'm surprised the 220 has blowback. Always have heard about what great lockup and suppressor hosts the P series is. I changed the barrel from OEM to Apex with a longer lock time for my M&P 9 and it made a substantial difference with blowback.
I have a video of my daughter shooting the P220 suppressed... one shot and she lowers gun, cups her cheek, and said, "Ef that shyt"

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews