JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like my new to me Colt 1991A1 needs a trigger job, finally checked it yesterday, it's just under 8# and is pretty gritty. I could probably fiddle with it a bit myself, and might even succeed in improving it, but chances are good I'd mess something up while I was at it, and since I don't have a stock of spare parts on hand, it would just add cost, time, and aggravation to the process. Don't really want to ship it off, so I'm hoping there's someone relatively local. If not, I'll probably go with a drop in trigger kit, but that's my second choice for now. Thanks.

Dave

If you can't find someone close...send the parts to me and I'll prep them for you and send them back. Then when you install them I can walk you through the adjustment process...just a thought option.

If you can't find someone close...send the parts to me and I'll prep them for you and send them back. Then when you install them I can walk you through the adjustment process...just a thought option.

Thank you, I appreciate the offer and may well take you up on it. First, though, I'm going to do a full detail strip, thorough clean, and careful inspection, see if I can spot any obvious issues. Could be as simple as a burr somewhere, I had that issue with the extractor on my Taurus when I first got it. Cleaned that up and it's been flawless since. If that doesn't help, I have a possible lead on a local gunsmith I'll be following up.

Anyway, thanks again. Later.

Dave

Did a full strip last night, not as complex as I thought. Found some issues with the ignition system, so decided the best plan is a new trigger set from C&S (no stoning necessary, supposedly). Pistol is currently a pile of parts, may put it back together tonight, just for the practice, or I may just wait until my new parts arrive. This is a range toy, so not a problem if it's out of commission for awhile. More later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads