JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hope this is the right forum for this question:

I have a 1980-built Colt MKVI Gold Cup in really great original blue condition, Collet bushing and tapered barrel, that needs a checkup by a journeyman 1911 gunsmith. I haven't found anyone from the local Washington county shops yet who claims to be that 1911 Gold Cup expert. They all said we work on 1911s "all the time" but when I tell them it's a vintage all original Gold Cup, they seem less confident.

Anyway, mine shoots great and makes really nice groups but, it throws brass 6-8 feet over my right shoulder like it should only about half the time. The rest of the time brass goes every which way, and at my face :cool:

The extractor claw edge is a bit rounded from years of use AND the old style ejector, not an "extended" type like series 80s, itself is a bit loose in the mounting holes. These two items are probably the root of my inconsistant brass flinging but it needs a good checkup.

Who do you get your old 1911's repaired with in the Portland area? Who's the guru ;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews