JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of 'Bobtailing' my carry 1911.
And hence wondering if anybody here have a drill jig to lend or sell me?
Those things are heavily overpriced and I don't feel like forking out the 50 bucks for a small piece of steel with two holes drilled thru it...

Or alternative, if someone got accurate measurements for locating the 'new' hole indexed from the 'old' one it would be an easy operation with a milling machine. (which I do have access to.)

Any other info or pointers would be highly appreciated too!

I bobtailed a GSG 1911 by screwing on the bobtail grip panels and using them as a template. Works great and didn't cost a dime.

100_1534.jpg

Awesome!

How did you trace/transfer the holes for the new pin location though?!
The picture doesn't do a good job of showing the notch for the pin , but all I did was use a center punch lined up in the notch to drill the pin hole and I also traced the outline of the grip with a sharpie (both sides) . Once I had the pin holes marked and the basic outline I drilled the holes and test fit the new piece. Once I knew it would work I cut the frame down and slowly shaped the conture to match on each side. Gary

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top