JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, i'm looking for a gas block dimpling jig with a .485 set screw spacing. I have only seen ones that jump from .470 to .500, anybody seen one with .485 for the Aero Precision gas block? .750 journal I should mention.

Thanks!

Hello everyone, i'm looking for a gas block dimpling jig with a .485 set screw spacing. I have only seen ones that jump from .470 to .500, anybody seen one with .485 for the Aero Precision gas block? .750 journal I should mention.

Thanks!
Probably a little late but, don't dimple in both places, just do the one directly opposite the gas port. Doing both marries that barrel to a gas block with only that spacing where a single dimple opposite the gas port will leave the flexibility to replace the GB with a different style.

Mike at SOLGW covers that @ 1:40 (the whole thing is worth watching)

Thanks, sadly you are not late at all! I was asking prior to putting together my 6.5 Grendel, the build got delayed because of an unexpected house search and the parts are still packed away in a box in my shop waiting for electrical work to be finished next month so I can start doing some work out there. So actually your are right on time with your advice! LOL

Right, and you don't need a jig. The block is the jig. Line up the port then your screw hole is your guide. Tighten the set screw to mark the spot - it will leave a mark on the barrel. Voila, it marks the center to drill.

Right, and you don't need a jig. The block is the jig. Line up the port then your screw hole is your guide. Tighten the set screw to mark the spot - it will leave a mark on the barrel. Voila, it marks the center to drill.
:s0113:

You must be the Uncle Cletus that Mike is talking about in the video @ 0:30.

Nope, just an experienced machinist who knows how to do it and not in the business of selling other people unnecessary stuff. It's bone simple. If you are doing this all day long, a jig is desirable for speed but does not enhance accuracy.

It's bone simple to botch the job as well without a jig.
Get the port off center and dimple it and it's pooched.

If the flash hider is pinned and welded then the Uncle Cletus route would be an option.
I have one and I do have a bore scope and verified that the port is aligned but am still removing the FH when I get around to doing it.
I already have .625" and .750" jigs.
I bought another barrel and thought I was going to have to buy another one in .875" but it's already dimpled.

Working OT and sneaking $$ from the wife to pay for it.

I think the KVP jigs I have were $25
be4nDb4l.jpg

Over $600 for a barrel and upper I ordered means more 10 hour days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top