JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I was under the impression it is a legal transaction as long as it is not a pistol. Is this not correct?

Buyer from Oregon buys rifle from a seller in Washington FTF = legal - NO?

I read above that this pass only applies to FFL buying of rifles/long guns. I would like to see this law in writing that says no FTF from WA to OR

Bueller, Bueller.

Can I ask a question Rallysoob? Can you legally purchase a weapon? IE no felonies etc....?

Are you serious? or seriously ignorant? Just because a person isn't 100% sure of the out of state gun trading laws doesn't mean they are a felon.

I was under the impression it is a legal transaction as long as it is not a pistol. Is this not correct?

Buyer from Oregon buys rifle from a seller in Washington FTF = legal - NO?

I read above that this pass only applies to FFL buying of rifles/long guns. I would like to see this law in writing that says no FTF from WA to OR
The answer as seen in the actual laws above is NO! A Non FFL licensed dealer cannot buy a Pistol or Long Gun FTF between any states!

Are you serious? or seriously ignorant? Just because a person isn't 100% sure of the out of state gun trading laws doesn't mean they are a felon.

You just answered a question with a question and neglected to give an answer. So I ask again, Can you (aka Rallysoob) legally purchase a weapon? IE You have no felonies, restrictions etc.. preventing you from legally purchasing or owning firearms....?

here's the law

§ 178.30 Out-of-State disposition of firearms by nonlicensees.

No nonlicensee shall transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any other nonlicensee, who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides: Provided, That the provisions of this section:

(a) shall not apply to the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or any acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence; and

(b) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[T.D. ATF-313, 56 FR 32508, July 17, 1991; 57 FR 1205, Jan. 10, 1992]

thanks physics guy. good to know.

TRLSMN: right, your seriously that ignorant... I would hope any avid gun collector/hunter is legal to own a gun, get a clue

thanks physics guy. good to know.

TRLSMN: right, your seriously that ignorant... I would hope any avid gun collector/hunter is legal to own a gun, get a clue

Do you seriously think I will take ducking the question as an answer? You just gave another non answer, why not answer it directly, is it so hard?

Here is is again!

Can you (aka Rallysoob) legally purchase a weapon? IE You have no felonies, restrictions etc.. preventing you from legally purchasing or owning firearms....?

Can you (aka Rallysoob) legally purchase a weapon? IE You have no felonies, restrictions etc.. preventing you from legally purchasing or owning firearms....?

Are you asking him personally if HE can purchase a WEAPON legally? Or are you looking for an answer to your question about a FIREARM! Your asking two questions here! One answer can only lead to ending with a question...

OK, well. Now that we have determined that it is "in fact" illegal:s0129: to sell guns scross state lines............

Who cares if Rallysoob is legal? If hes not, he'll get busted, end of story. Dont we think we should close this thread down since the guys shotgun already sold, and maybe have a rational discussion in the Off Topic section about the other stuff???

Just my thought...

Are you asking him personally if HE can purchase a WEAPON legally? Or are you looking for an answer to your question about a FIREARM! Your asking two questions here! One answer can only lead to ending with a question...

Yes I am asking him personally about his legality to purchase and own firearms. It is a valid and relevant question since he is doing firearm deals through this forum.

As for entrapment this is a forum dealing with legal gun ownership, gun rights and legally buying and selling guns, if Rallysoob cannot legally purchase and own guns he has no business being here and is putting others in legal jeopardy.

I'm not saying his isn't qualified, I am asking a simple direct question to Rallysoob, he can state if he is or isn't qualified.

OK, well. Now that we have determined that it is "in fact" illegal:s0129: to sell guns scross state lines............

Who cares if Rallysoob is legal? If hes not, he'll get busted, end of story. Dont we think we should close this thread down since the guys shotgun already sold, and maybe have a rational discussion in the Off Topic section about the other stuff???

Just my thought...

I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about others doing business with him if he's not qualified to own guns, if he is qualified this is a moot point.

This question isn't pulled out of thin air this question has been asked of him on other forums with similar lack of results.

I wasnt really a part of this convo, and Im not trying to defend Rallysoob at all. But a persons first and best line of defense against dealing with people who are not legal to own firearms is making sure you check them out before you deal with them. If your concerned, get their ODL# and call the local Sheriff's office to ask if they are legal to buy and sell. The only person that will put you in jeopardy legally in a transaction is yourself, if you dont take the right steps. I still think, though, that if there is an issue here that deserves more exploration, than open a thread in the General Discussion area and let er fly.

It actually wouldnt be a bad idea to open a sticky thread about the laws surrounding sales between Oregon and Washington, as there are alot of people here from both states that buy and sell. I thought most anyone who was into guns would know enough to keep themselves out of trouble, like knowing that you CANNOT buy or sell any firearms FTF without an FFL between state lines. But Im still surprised at how many new comers to this site dont know this. So lets open a thread to discuss the laws, and the legal consequences of this subject.

It actually wouldnt be a bad idea to open a sticky thread about the laws surrounding sales between Oregon and Washington, as there are alot of people here from both states that buy and sell. I thought most anyone who was into guns would know enough to keep themselves out of trouble, like knowing that you CANNOT buy or sell any firearms FTF without an FFL between state lines. But Im still surprised at how many new comers to this site dont know this. So lets open a thread to discuss the laws, and the legal consequences of this subject.

Done just for you;

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?p=63450#post63450

Yes I am asking him personally about his legality to purchase and own firearms. It is a valid and relevant question since he is doing firearm deals through this forum.

As for entrapment this is a forum dealing with legal gun ownership, gun rights and legally buying and selling guns, if Rallysoob cannot legally purchase and own guns he has no business being here and is putting others in legal jeopardy.

I'm not saying his isn't qualified, I am asking a simple direct question to Rallysoob, he can state if he is or isn't qualified.

Seems like if you are worried about buying from him you shouldn't, or sort it out through PM's.

I just got my CHL. you think they would give it to me with a felony? and If I got a felony afterwards I would be in jail right now as I just got my chl about a month ago. I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear. I have nothing to hide... The real question is why are you hoping that I am a felon? haters all over this forum. to be expected I guess. most people into guns are compensating for something... 8--->

By the way I called OSP and they said there is nothing wrong with a FTF deal on a long gun if the WA resident drives to OR and the transaction is done here as they aren't familiar w/ WA laws but could gaurantee me that it was legal this way. And the owner of GunCrafters told me there is nothing illegal about a FTF deal from OR to WA unless it's a pistol. Call GunCrafters and OSP yourself and ask them. I knew I was'nt crazy. Atleast if I am wrong I'm not alone...

GunCrafters: 503-362-6197
OSP: 503-375-3555

+1

where's the sticky...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.