JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
B. UNLICENSED PERSONS

(B1) To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA? [Back]

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

(B2) From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? [Back]

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b1

B. UNLICENSED PERSONS

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

The bold section says an FFL must be involved. IE............no FTF.

B. UNLICENSED PERSONS

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

My concern about your legallity is for the forum members, not to shame you, you know this has been brought up in the past, I am only concerned with protecting the members here, if you are legal so much the better :s0155:

Your last 2 post conflict, you're saying its OK in your second to the last post, and then in your last post the law states in black and white you are wrong:

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State,

The law says NO, you quoted it but did you understand it? it doesn't matter how many people tell you it's OK, those people won't be there in the defendants chair with you.

as I stated in another thread

RallySoob
= :s0154:

ok... and you are..? ...nobody :s0092: Trlsmn just the same, you guys are complete jokes. Lots of time, no life, to say the least. Saying that my legality was brought up in the past...psh, what a joke, that suspended license bs is like 2 yrs old and it was a 30day susp for 4 tickets in 24months, not a felony. you 2 are the only trolls I've seen in this forum since I started using it.

Not really sure why you feel the need to continue this monotonous jabber. Just hate'n. I thinks it's funny really.

I have contacted OFF about the issue and confirmed yes an FFL is required

Coctailer, I wasn't reading it right I guess. I believed the long gun theory to be true because I was told that by someone I trusted to be smart. Thanks for clearing it up for me. Its crazy to me how I call OSP and GunCrafters and I get the wrong info from both of them. Thats dangerous. Definately need a sticky on legality of OR/WA transactions

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.