JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a friend that is selling is 870 Express Shotgun for $250. It is black with black synthetic stock and even length mag tube and he said that he had some shells to go with it and I will find out exactly how many. Please call rather than PM as I have limited internet access. Call BJ at 503-880-8411

BJ

Nope I just bought my 870 from Sully at a great price....do you have a problem with that?

Not now that you clarified it...:s0155:...If I did have a problem I definitely would not be shy about it.... Sorry,The way it was worded it looked like someone else was taking a shot at Sully and his price's, As so many have in the past....
I apologize to the O.P. , This all should have been through PM.....

Hold on a second. I have been told (by "reputable" members of this forum) that any firearm transfer across state lines requires an FFL. Is this not the case? If long guns can go state to state FTF, then why have I been depriving myself?

I think we got off topic, but here is how the law reads. The lawyers among you many needs to interpret for us simple folk:

9.41.122. Out-of-state purchasing. Residents of Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns in a state other than Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents
are eligible to purchase or possess such ATF P 5300.5 (2005 − 26TH ED.)
PAGE 444 weapons in Washington and in the state in which such purchase is made.

I think we got off topic, but here is how the law reads. The lawyers among you many needs to interpret for us simple folk:

9.41.122. Out-of-state purchasing. Residents of Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns in a state other than Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents
are eligible to purchase or possess such ATF P 5300.5 (2005 − 26TH ED.)
PAGE 444 weapons in Washington and in the state in which such purchase is made.
That section deals with FFL sales to out of state purchasers. I also might ad that, this deals with Washingtonians ability to purchase guns out of state though legal means, aka from an out of state FFL dealer.

Here is what the Gun Control act of 1968 says about Non FFL state to state sales:

"§ 178.30 Out-of-State disposition of firearms by nonlicensees.

No nonlicensee shall transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any other nonlicensee, who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides: Provided, That the provisions of this section:

(a) shall not apply to the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or any acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence; and

(b) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[T.D. ATF-313, 56 FR 32508, July 17, 1991; 57 FR 1205, Jan. 10, 1992]"

So the definitive answer is NO!

Provision (A) means that a firearm can be transferred by/to/from a nonlicensee for the purposes of delivering a firearm to a "intestate successor", in other words transferring to a descent or spouse of someone deceased across states (interstate) without a will, aka no probate.

(B) means you can loan guns out of state

So again the answer is NO!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.