JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want a .17 HMR. I've had one before (a Marlin).

Requirements:
Heavy barrel profile
Rail for picatinny rings.
Better than a basic plastic/wood stock
Forward sling swivel for bipod
Adjustable trigger
Magazine fed
Accurate as all get out, will be pushing it out to 300 yards when it's not windy

Thanks guys! :)

I have a Savage like this one. Love it . I have bipod on it though ( not my pic)
I am able to have a sling and the bipod with the way that stock is. I'm 6'5" and
it fits well.

es%2Farmslist%2Fuploads%2Fposts%2F2013%2F09%2F05%2F2078170_02_savage_17hmr_model_93r17_stani_640.jpg

I'm a leftie, so thumbhole stocks are generally a no-go. I don't need a left handed action though. I grew up shooting nothing but right-handed actions, and I'm too used to them to convert now.

the only two ive ever shot have been a savage and a marlin. i liked them both. never owned one but they do a number on squirrels and grey diggers :D

feel like sharing your plans with it?

the only two ive ever shot have been a savage and a marlin. i liked them both. never owned one but they do a number on squirrels and grey diggers :D

feel like sharing your plans with it?

Poking really small holes in paper for fun. Turning small critters inside out for even MORE fun.

I'm a leftie, so thumbhole stocks are generally a no-go. I don't need a left handed action though. I grew up shooting nothing but right-handed actions, and I'm too used to them to convert now.
I have looked and not found a stock I liked yet to replaces. Ya that CZ might be a good way.

I'd put my Tikka up against anything else in the accuracy department. When I shoot a nute I aim for the mite on the hair in the ear.

That said, 300 yards is asking a lot out of a 17 grain bullet. Even a girlish giggle of a puff of wind will toss the bullet sideways at that distance.

P

I'd put my Tikka up against anything else in the accuracy department. When I shoot a nute I aim for the mite on the hair in the ear.

That said, 300 yards is asking a lot out of a 17 grain bullet. Even a girlish giggle of a puff of wind will toss the bullet sideways at that distance.

P

The OP and I went to take a peek at the T1x and we were both underwhelmed when comparing it to a T3. Good to hear they shoot good.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews