JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't compare them to a T3, compare them to the competition.

Adjustable trigger, 20" threaded barrel, 10 round mag, crazy accurate. No complaints. Killed three nutes today.

P

Nice! The LOP and overall design feels like a kids toy to me.

Adjustable trigger, 20" threaded barrel, 10 round mag, crazy accurate. No complaints. Killed three nutes today.

P

I walked in with cash and ready to buy. I'm a huge Tikka fanboy, but after handling it I just couldn't.

P

Its hard not to compare when all that stuff went out about stock compatibility and all that stuff. I already have a CZ 455 that I'm happy with, so I guess that niche is full.

Last Edited:
Its hard not to compare when all that stuff when out about stock compatibility and all that stuff. I already have a CZ 455 that I'm happy with, so I guess that niche is full.

You were there when we looked at it. But dang brother I'm not sure what you mean here.....

I had a painted stock laying around so I swapped out the factory one.

CB563BA1-1ABA-4F6B-AD6A-9C1B80942CE9.jpeg

E5DD63C9-C1E0-413A-AE5E-6A374B6A0D16.jpeg

5EFB5FD2-AD21-4AFA-B24E-9E9C10550857.jpeg

Leupold VX2 3-9 CDS.

I want a .17 HMR. I've had one before (a Marlin).

Requirements:
Heavy barrel profile
Rail for picatinny rings.
Better than a basic plastic/wood stock
Forward sling swivel for bipod
Adjustable trigger
Magazine fed
Accurate as all get out, will be pushing it out to 300 yards when it's not windy

I have a couple 17 HMR's, a Savage SS HB thumbhole stock model exactly like the one DuneHopper has, and a Savage A17 HB w/laminated stock. They are both great little shooters. But, I also have a Savage HB SS Bmag 17 WSM and it not only out shoots both of my HMR's but it hits a lot harder, especially, at further distances and if you're wanting to stretch your shots out to 300 yards, the 17 WSM is a much better choice.

My HB SS Bmag came with the crappy plastic stock but that was an easy fix by putting a Boyd's Pro Varmint stock on. Most rimfire rifles come with a 2pc Weaver mount but I much prefer a 1pc picatinny rail so I put one on my Bmag that I got from DIP Inc.

The 17 WSM shoots a 20gr Vmax bullet 3000fps VS the 17 HMR with its 17gr Vmax going 2550fps. Ammo is slightly more expensive for the 17 WSM but if you use places like Ammoseek.com you can buy it much cheaper than most stores and it's generally only about $1.50 more per box of 50.

This is my Savage Bmag, I've taken sage rats out to 347yds with it.
17 WSM.jpg

My recommendation based off the fact I own it and have grouped it. It's silly accurate. Rotary 10 round mags which I prefer over the older box metal 5 rounders.

Savage Arms - B17 FV-SR - P01481

upload_2019-2-18_10-48-28.jpeg
upload_2019-2-18_10-51-31.jpeg
upload_2019-2-18_10-51-50.jpeg

Second recommendation is the A17. Shot a members and was extremely impressed. Grouped just as well as my bolt action. Took the same magazine and you can get 25 round mags for it. Technically you could use the 25 round mags in the bolt action, but it's not as fun as a semi.

Savage Arms - A22 PRO VARMINT - P01592

upload_2019-2-18_10-53-59.jpeg
upload_2019-2-18_10-54-53.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top