JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shoot 158 XTP's in my Dan Wesson, H-110/W296/AA#9 are my powders of choice for full house loads.

Blue Dot in my 686 with the XTP. H110 or 286 are my favorites, but don't have any and have a bunch of Blue Dot.

By the way, the K-frame was originally made for .38 Special and smaller cartridges. it just happened that the .357 was a good fit.

I believe the biggest thing here is the practice aspect. Instead of shooting a lot of full-house .357 at the range, just find a handload in .38 Special that mimics, as close as possible, the POI of your SD load at reasonable distances. It will save wear and tear on the shooter and equipment as well as teaching proper trigger manipulation and weapon handling without the punishing report and additional recoil of the .357 loads.
If long-range trajectory/POI is a concern, and you have to bear-down on the sights that intensely during a SD scenario that impact shift is a huge concern between the two loads, then you might be far enough away to reconsider taking the shot in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top