JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question for 6.8 fans. Have you had any luck with 130gr soft point bullets in your 6.8 SPC? I am just looking for plinking bullets but want to be confident they will stabilize in my BHW 6.8 SPC II 1/11 twist barrel before buying any.

Question for 6.8 fans. Have you had any luck with 130gr soft point bullets in your 6.8 SPC? I am just looking for plinking bullets but want to be confident they will stabilize in my BHW 6.8 SPC II 1/11 twist barrel before buying any.
Yup. As far as 130gr Speer SP bought a few hundred from @GFO270 many years ago. Thought they'd be on the heavy side but they group very nicely. No targets to show you though.
With regards to "soft point", if the point is too soft, (i.e. pure lead) they will deform the tip and jam on the feed ramp. I experienced that with some 115gr Nosler SPs.

The Speer bullet:

Speer_130gr_SP.jpg

Yup. As far as 130gr Speer SP bought a few hundred from @GFO270 many years ago. Thought they'd be on the heavy side but they group very nicely. No targets to show you though.
With regards to "soft point", if the point is too soft, (i.e. pure lead) they will deform the tip and jam on the feed ramp. I experienced that with some 115gr Nosler SPs.

The Speer bullet:

View attachment 1080830
The bullet I am looking at has an ugly tip but this will be another manual loading upper set up so I am not supper worried about mag feeding.

270-130gr-jsp-500ct.jpg

I have loaded some and had ok luck in the ar platform. Mostly stick with the 90 gold dots and nosler 115 cc was lucky enough to stock up on both awhile ago.
My 6.8 spc bolt gun loves 130 to 150 grn rounds.

I believe its 1-10 I can't find any markings on it. Might be hidden in barrel channel if its marked 🤔
Its one of the first run savage barrels that ARP did afew years back. Built up on a cheap axis I found used.
I usually run the same 90-115's in it but it really does like the 140-150s the best. Dang now I'm gonna have to go 6.8 shooting! Have not had them out in awhile.

I went ahead and ordered a 500ct batch of these for $53 shipped. They may not look like the projectiles in the photo. Supposedly they will be flat based soft points.

Inflation has not impacted the price on these 130gr bullets, in fact they are about $7.50 cheaper. Only 8 500ct batches left out of this recent group. I am tempted to order more but I haven't touched any of the last batch. I did acquire a couple of 270 Win bolt rifles since so maybe I should.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top