JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is on the states FICS (the page FFLs use for background checks) as of this afternoon. Its dated for release tomorrow Dec. 2 2022. This is going out to all FFL's in Oregon. (Current back log as of this posting is 33,316 citizens trying to exercise their 2nd Amendment right)

Update on the status of FICS transactions in the Pended/Delayed Queue - Oregon (Photo) - 12/02/22

BM114 becomes law on December 8, 2022. Since November 8, 2022, the FICS unit has experienced unprecedented volumes of firearms transactions never seen before in the program's 26-year history. OSP continues to work diligently to process and resolve as many of the pended/delayed FICS transactions as possible.

FICS transactions that are not completed with an approval number by midnight on December 7, 2022, will require the purchaser to initiate their permit application to obtain a Permit-to-Purchase before their FICS transaction can resume. This means your FICS transaction will not be canceled on December 8th. Once the purchaser has an approved permit, the FICS transaction will resume.

It is important to note that many times pended/delayed FICS transactions are due to missing, incomplete, or incorrect information. When there is missing or incomplete information on a person's Computerized Criminal History (CCH), OSP must contact the agency that is the owner of that information to obtain official records so that OSP can determine whether the person is approved for the firearm purchase. The agencies contacted most for missing or incomplete information are the Courts or District Attorneys' offices throughout the United States. There are no required timelines for the agencies to respond to our requests for missing or incomplete information. By statute, the information within the FICS transaction database can only be held for five years.

Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase. The draft application is in the final review with permitting agencies and will be posted to the Oregon State Police's website and available to those wishing to apply for a Permit-to-Purchase on December 8, 2022.

With BM114 becoming law on December 8, 2022, this gives Oregon State Police a very short window to develop a program and have technology available for use on day 1 of the new law. Because of this, the Permit-to-Purchase program at Oregon State Police will be a manual paper process until new technical systems can be designed and implemented.
So beginning at 12:01 am on Thursday December 8th, Oregonians will have no ability to purchase firearms and exercise their Second Amendment Rights.

And how does the supreme law of the land play into this constitutional crisis??? As I understand it, when state law and federal law conflict, federal law displaces, or preempts, state law, due to the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

Or does Oregon government simply continue to ignore federal law and the Constitution of the United States???

So beginning at 12:01 am on Thursday December 8th, Oregonians will have no ability to purchase firearms and exercise their Second Amendment Rights.

And how does the supreme law of the land play into this constitutional crisis??? As I understand it, when state law and federal law conflict, federal law displaces, or preempts, state law, due to the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

Or does Oregon government simply continue to ignore federal law and the Constitution of the United States???
Constitution smonstitution: money purchases laws. This is egrarious tyranny that openly mocks the constitution and in all likelihood the law will remain.

If the permit system is not up and running 100% and they stop any process on current BGC. That will be a denial on the right to purchase. They already Said they would so I am guessing there is a lawsuit being written up as we speak that will be filled once it happens.

As I pointed out to my retarded anti-gun relatives this morning.......having an application available to apply for a Permit to Purchase without also having the necessary infrastructure in place to go from application stage to permit issued stage means that there is not/will not be a system in place on Dec. 8th.

But, since they're retarded, it was wasted effort.

-E-

Okay, let me show you what angle the ANTI's will be coming from.

"I don't understand what the big deal is if you gun people can't buy a gun for a few days, or weeks!?" or
"You probably have other guns you can shoot, or protect yourself with! What's the big deal?"

Seriously, answer that question! I'm sayin', I'm all with you guys here! But "Those" people really can't understand it!

"I don't understand what the big deal is if you gun people can't buy a gun for a few days, or weeks!?" or
"You probably have other guns you can shoot, or protect yourself with! What's the big deal?"

Seriously, answer that question! I'm sayin', I'm all with you guys here! But "Those" people really can't understand it!
Easy enough! It's not about guns or who has what or how many. The issue is that it is a constitutionally protected right. Just like every other protected right. It may not be infringed. Not for a few days, weeks... or as 114 is likely to do... for possibly a year or more.

Honestly the cases against Measure 114 also highlight how absurd and unconstitutional any sort of background check process is.

If 114 gets struck down, there would be an actual platform from which to attack background checks as well, which would be nice!

Well you can't prevent people of their rights even if it is a couple days. If they want us to follow the law they are trying to set then by all mean follow current laws we have now.

Tell them to S T F U and not talk any more as they "used" their free speech already. Because they ALREADY exercised it they no longer need to exercise it again. I hate stupid people.

Well you can't prevent people of their rights even if it is a couple days. If they want us to follow the law they are trying to set then by all mean follow current laws we have now.
Why not? Surely it won't hurt you to wait a couple of days? Just because WE say so, doesn't make it so.

Tell them to S T F U and not talk any more as they "used" their free speech already. Because they ALREADY exercised it they no longer need to exercise it again. I hate stupid people.
You have to put their selves in your head. I undestand where they're coming from. It's totally wrong IMO. I don't have an answer for it. 🤷 Just saying STFU doesn't work.
I doubt there is an answer. My fear is that the courts already do, or will, see it their way.

Why not? Surely it won't hurt you to wait a couple of days? Just because WE say so, doesn't make it so.
No waiting on your rights not a day or not a couple days. Measure 114 was headed for the ballot for awhile. Why wasn't a system created well before? Your lack of planning does not constitute a emergency on me or anyone else.

Maybe I should enact a permit process for Christmas gifts to my relatives?

They will first have to apply for a gift permit but will not actually receive the gifts until they have a permit in hand. Of course, I will not outline the steps to get that permit, just take their application and give them a pending notification. I could save some serious $$$$ and maybe even charge for the permit!

-E-

No waiting on your rights not a day or not a couple days. Measure 114 was headed for the ballot for awhile. Why wasn't a system created well before? Your lack of planning does not constitute a emergency on me or anyone else.
I put my post up there just to ponder on. Not as an argument in favor of "Their" crazy illegal bubblegum. A person is also guaranteed the right to a speedy trial, yet we don't see people coming up for trial for years after arrest and incarceration.
Maybe I should enact a permit process for Christmas gifts to my relatives?

They will first have to apply for a gift permit but will not actually receive the gifts until they have a permit in hand. Of course, I will not outline the steps to get that permit, just take their application and give them a pending notification. I could save some serious $$$$ and maybe even charge for the permit!

-E-
Yep, just as stupid, and unworkable, as their law.

I believe most folks are failing to realize there is a difference between the "letter of the law" and the "intent of the law".

The Intent of the law is to criminalize possession of firearms by the general public.
Period.

I put my post up there just to ponder on. Not as an argument in favor of "Their" crazy illegal bubblegum. A person is also guaranteed the right to a speedy trial, yet we don't see people coming up for trial for years after arrest and incarceration.

Yep, just as stupid, and unworkable, as their lawla
Yep I understand what you were doing. I am just answering you thoughts lol. Gives you more to think about..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top