JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've started a new project, a Dedicated 10ga turkey shotgun. I started with an old H&R Model 176 shotgun shotgun that I've had laying around in the safe for 15 years now... I felt like it needed a new purpose in life. This will be built spefically for Eastern Washington high country. Lots of bush walking and rough rocky hills.

Originally equipt with a 36" full choke barrel and wood stock with 1"x7" steel roundstock weight. This shotgun weighed in close to 10lbs or more! Way too heavy, way too long!!!!

The plan:

~Barrel~
-Cut down / Face the barrel to 20"
-Ream, Tap for chokes
-Install Primos Jelly Head .690 choke

~Sights~
-Drill / Tap for front bead
-Install HIVIZ fiber optic front bead
-Install dovetail groove for rear sight
-Install filp up fiber optic rear sight for long shots (for ruger 10-22)

~Stock~
-Install lightweight synthetic stock and grip (buttstock will be modified for a spring recoil system)
-Install biggest recoil pad I can find
-Install sling, sling swivels and studs

~Finish~
-Paint with duracoat or dip in water transfer

I have most of the project figured out, with the exception of a few issues on the barrel work... I have reamed and tapped a few 12 gauge barrels in the past and have had good luck! so I figured when I started this project would be just as easy.

Im having trouble finding the right tooling. I have decided to go with the Browning - Winchoke - Mossberg - H&R style of choke (I belive these are all interchangeable) I plan on buying / using THIS reamer to open up the ID. (firsrt time using an angle blade reamer, I have used a standard burr reamer in the past)

Here is my Questions:

What is the 10 Gauge (Browning - Winchoke - H&R) choke thread pitch?

Where can I get that tap?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads