JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was feeling a bit like Rambo last night as I sat on the couch looking at schwag for my ruger 10/22 on amazon.com. I found exactly what I needed. I figured I could hide in the bushes at night and shoot at the invading U.N. troops without being spotted and without feeling the excessive recoil put out by those bad *** cci stingers.
After clicking the "submit order" button I started having second thoughts. It will look friggin awesome and a I'll have to fight the babes off in the woods when they spot this sucker hanging off the end of my barrel. But the big question to anyone else who has bought one of these goofy things is do they actually work?

holeeeeey cow man, you don't have a break on that beast already? I would sure hate to be your shoulder after shooting that. I dun heared a 10/22 will blow off your shoulder and that of the man standing next to you, then after that it kicks you in the balls and steals your last beer.

Well, they do brake your muzzle...

I will openly admit to having created all kinds of goofy muzzle accessories in the past, however I should preface that with intent: I was conducting testing to see if having something on the muzzle could actually improve accuracy and what the specifics of that thing would be... weight, turbulence reduction, recoil reduction etc. The tests i did do with a .22LR were on an anschuetz supermatch 54 fired from a machine rest with federal gold match ammo. With a rifle and ammo combination that could accurately deliver groups smaller than a dime at 50 yards, I determined that the only way to actually make the system any more accurate was make it easier for the operator to shoot it.

The difference was more noticeable on larger bored rifles, mostly because recoil reduction decreased shooter fatigue, and there was some evidence to point to redirecting expanding muzzle gasses out of bullet flight path did improve conditions slightly, but we attributed more effect to barrel harmonics which could be positively, or negatively impacted by the presence of a muzzle device.

Those 10/22's kick like a Chuck Norris kicks a mule. That doesn't bother me. I love kicking mules. What I've noticed when I'm shooting is a slight, very slight muzzle jump. I was just wondering if having that little piece of bling might curtail that. My main concern is that a grouse's head is about the size of a tangerine, it's brain about the size of an amoeba. I'm thinking that, should a grouse ever remove it's camoflauge and reveal itself to me during legal shooting hours when I have a legal firearm to take one (hell might be getting a little chilly by then) that ever that slight upward motion might send that massive chunk of lead over the grouses head and into a school bus full of nuns.

Those 10/22's kick like a Chuck Norris kicks a mule. That doesn't bother me. I love kicking mules. What I've noticed when I'm shooting is a slight, very slight muzzle jump. I was just wondering if having that little piece of bling might curtail that. My main concern is that a grouse's head is about the size of a tangerine, it's brain about the size of an amoeba. I'm thinking that, should a grouse ever remove it's camoflauge and reveal itself to me during legal shooting hours when I have a legal firearm to take one (hell might be getting a little chilly by then) that ever that slight upward motion might send that massive chunk of lead over the grouses head and into a school bus full of nuns.
This might just be the funniest thing I have ever read, thank you... :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top