Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

10/22 Carbine bipod?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Keane, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

So, I have a 10/22 Carbine, which has the stock strap, but no sling mount. I want to install a bipod, and don't want to use one of the barrel clamp models.

Do I have any other options? Is there something that attaches to the front strap?

2. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

Drill the stock & install a sling stud. It's really not difficult! :thumbup:

3. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the OP has a hollow synthetic stock. Drill/cut a hole in the barrel channel and exopy the swivle stud in or use a machine screw style stud and put a nut on it

4. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

:thumbup:

5. Keane

Yep, good guess :) Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll be doing that.

6. NewInTown

NewInTown Clackamas Member

7. Otter

Otter Oregon - mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I'm curious what your intentions are with a bi-pod. If you plan to use it for hunting, I highly recommend shooting sticks. The range of a 22LR isn't great enough to require the stability of a bi-pod, at least in my opinion. If it is for shooting off a bench, I would go with a tri-pod type shooting rest and a decent rear rest.

8. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

9. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

All depends on how you plan on using it. I hardly ever use a bench and personally dont care for them. Generally I would rather shoot off the ground on a bipod.

I dont know what the range of your .22's are but I routinely shoot 300 yards with my 77/22 using SS ammo using my 2-7x32 scope. I would not be able to do that without a bipod. Also even at lesser range again how stable you have to be depends on what kind of shooting you are doing.

10. Keane

I'm tentative about the barrel band for exactly the reason stated above. I'm quite sure I'm just going to remove it and add a sling stud, it seems pretty easy.

I want a bipod mostly because I think it'll be a fun way to shoot it (off the ground).

Thanks for the help guys!