Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1-year-old gave gun to 4-year-old

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rufus, May 8, 2012.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

This is wrong on so many levels.

4-year-old fires gun in Fairbanks pawn shop; no one injured

Dumb luck. Dumb letting a 1-year-old play with a loaded gun (by accident I'm sure). Luck played a big part in nobody getting killed.

2. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

i wonder how a boy that is only 1 can hold, let alone pick up, a revolver? then the last one is, how can the four year old learn or know how to pull the trigger?somethin fisshy around here. i think the adults had a miss fire and blamed it on the kids. give me a break. a third note, sorry, how would the kids get the employees "personal weapon"? wouldn't you be carrying it at all times? now it really smells!

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

The father will be crucified by the DA. He is lucky it is only a misdemeanor.

He should be ashamed of his carelessness and stupidity. Every time a moron lets something like this happen it makes every responsible gun handler/owner look bad.

Hopefully the pawn shop owner has already fired this imbecile.

rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Akathepriest

Akathepriest Astoria, OR Active Member

Hmm, why would the kid have a loaded gun? How careless can you be?

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I thought the same. This one doesn't pass the smell test.

6. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I don't see how the father did anything wrong. All he did was take his kid to the pawn shop and let his kid play with the kid that was there.
    And he didn't get the misdemeanor charge. The lady with the gun did.

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Excuse me, I meant the pawn shop employee. Who should have had the gun contained/isolated, away from people, esp kids.

8. JSJPDX

JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

This might smell bad but I can see it...lightweight, shiney J frame in a purse on the floor. Easy access for a kid, even a 1 year old. 4 year old watches a lot ot TV, easy to figure out how to pull a trigger. At fours years my sons knew what a gun was and we were well into the process of gunproofing them. Just too many bad gun handling and parenting examples in this story and some very fortunate people.

If this was a ND and they blamed it on the kids you can add poor character to bad gun handling and parenting.

9. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

your point is valid, you are educating your kids with firearms, i commend you for that. but what i was gettin too, was that it was not secure and easily accessible to the kids!! shiny light are not exceptable EXCUSES, but at four, could you pull a trigger? i think not. this is not for an arguement sake, just an opinion.

10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Did he give the pistol to the older kid after he missed?

GCRSH4Z3.jpg

11. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Little kids can do far more than you are giving them credit for. You would be surprised at what a four year old can do.

12. JSJPDX

JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Understood your point about the gun being too accessable and I totally agree. Don't know how many little kids you hang out with but I have 3 and 4 year old grand daughters that could pull the trigger today. My sons certainly could have at 4 years and did as part of our training for them.

I even know a few 4 year olds that are big enough and smart enough to figure out how to rack the slide on a full sized 1911 if I let them near one. I really wasn't trying to argue but rather to indicate that you shouldn't under estimate what a 4 year old can do, especially if it is one that is big for their age.

Actually, under estimating her 1 year old is probably one of the primary mistakes the clerk made.

13. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Pop Warner Fast and Furious Pee Wee Edition?

rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I shouldn't think this is funny, but it is. Bad mod! Bad Mod!