JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the the first response to the OP clearly explained what he was missing. So you're right again! Reading can be fun!

It also claimed it was a Gen 3. Which it isn't.

We can go back and forth here, but what's the point?

The OP's specimen is a "single pin" version, referring to the locking block cluster. So call it a "one pin", "two pin", "three pin" or a Gen 2 or whatever the heck you want to. He asked about the block pin count.

I really don't need to compare witts with anyone.

I have always heard of Glock refer to there guns as two or three pin.
Not one or even four. :D

But If somebody refers to a Glock as a one pin I know what they are talking about.
Call it a two pin? That may require additional questioning. [Above the trigger?]
Is it Correct to call it that?

People do. And it doesn't matter to me. As long as we both know what were talking about.

I have always heard of Glock refer to there guns as two or three pin.
Not one or even four. :D

But If somebody refers to a Glock as a one pin I know what they are talking about.
Call it a two pin? That may require additional questioning. [Above the trigger?]
Is it Correct to call it that?

People do. And it doesn't matter to me. As long as we both know what were talking about.

I've heard it both ways, and it really doesn't matter. I think people that call it a "one pin" or a "two pin" are just talking about the block cluster, as ALL Glocks have the grip pin. Maybe it's lazy, or maybe it's actually quite specific.

Who cares? Shoot that thing! :)

So does that one pin ( or maybe two pin ) Glock use a clip or a magazine...?
Also is it a :
Pistol...
Handgun...
Gat...
Piece...

Just kidding with all of the above...kinda.
But the discussion on just what a part is called or even what counts as the part in question , is important.
Information needs to be shared , in order to learn .
Andy

So does that one pin ( or maybe two pin ) Glock use a clip or a magazine...?
Also is it a :
Pistol...
Handgun...
Gat...
Piece...

Just kidding with all of the above...kinda.
But the discussion on just what a part is called or even what counts as the part in question , is important.
Information needs to be shared , in order to learn .
Andy

Good point Andy. :)

1) Glocks are usually described as "2 pin" or "3 pin"
It's collector nomenclature more than official Glock nomenclature
The TMH always has a pin and the locking block can have 1 or 2 pins

2) Agree it's a Gen 2 as there is no accessory rail present

The 3rd pin was added when the models chambered for the larger cartridges were introduced to stabilize the locking block.
Apparently it is not needed for 9mm as the Gen 5 9mm has gone back to "2-pin"

Last Edited:
It's collector nomenclature more than official Glock nomenclature

This is good to remember in all aspects of the gun collecting world...many terms or names for items are just that...used only by collectors...not by the actual makers or users of said gun.

This issue comes up a lot in the muzzeloading world...many names and terms are 20th and 21st century names and terms that collectors use and not anything a man of the 19th century would have used.

Now back to that wonder of plastic and striker fired magic...the Glock...:D
Andy

They are so ugly, that they are actually beautiful.
Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder...good thing love is blind...:D

Glocks do nothing for me...but with that said , I have shot many of them...they all have worked well and shot just fine.
They are a good robust pistol , that does exactly what it is supposed to do...
Just not my cup of tea as the saying goes.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads