JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, got a bit of a mystery that google hasn't been much help with. An Army buddy recently acquired several guns from his aunt, one of which is a Glock 19, generation unknown, with only one pin. It's strange to me because I'd always though Glocks had a minimum of two pins: for the locking block and slide catch.
9826E155-D6D9-4BD7-ACBF-C8546E4DB3AF.jpeg

Any of my fellow gun lovers here ever seen such a thing?

Early Glocks were "2 pin"
One at the base of the locking block and on at the TMH (trigger mechanism housing.
More support was needed for 10mm, 40 S&W and 45 so the 3 pin was the result.

Later it trickled down to 9mm.
9mm Gen 5 has gone back to "2 pin" so apparently the added pin is not necessary for 9mm.

Last Edited:
Above poster is correct about the pins. That is a 2 pin 19 AS. BUT it is a gen 2 NOT a Gen3. NO finger grooves [hogue grip shown in pic] or accessory rail. If it has Austrian proofs on the right side of the frame its an early one. I don't see the number 19 on the trigger guard though so it is not too early. There is a handy dating system compiled by owners. Just google "Glock SN# research project". You can always call Glock for a DOB as well. Nice Gun, I would reposition the grip sleeve or remove entirely so that it does not accidentally push the mag release.

There was also a gen 2.5 [finger grooves with NO accesory rail] but IIRC they were all 3 pins by the time that variation came about. Great gun! Depending on its exact age there was a safety upgrade that is recommended for early 19's. A quick way to tell if it has been performed is to look at the internals. Black internals [trigger bar, etc] are the old parts. If it has the upgrade they will look like the current parts [in the white metal] Hope that helps!

Last Edited:
Generally when referring to a "one pin" or "two pin" Glock people are referring to the locking block pin(s). Not all the pins in the gun.

I don't think he was referring to that pin.

I don't think he has seen the pin I posted in my picture above.

I also believe there is some confusion as to what a Two Pin and Three Pin Glock are?

All Glocks have the plastic pin I posted above. And at least one second pin up above the trigger area. They are called ''Two Pin'' Glocks.

Some have both these and a third pin also above the trigger that supports the breach block.
These are called ""Three Pin'' Glocks.

I hope this makes sense?

I also believe there is some confusion as to what a Two Pin and Three Pin Glock are?

All Glocks have the plastic pin I posted above. And at least one second pin up above the trigger area. They are called ''Two Pin'' Glocks.

Some have both these and a third pin also above the trigger that supports the breach block.

I hope this makes sense?
Ok yeah I got it. I was under the impression that "3 pin" meant there were three pins in a cluster just above the trigger on the frame. So the Model my buddy has is a 2 pin model then. One above the trigger, and one on the back strap

I hope this makes sense?

It does. I really think it depends on who you ask, as I've heard of "one pin" and "two pin" Glocks with the grip pin not being included.

Not incorrect. It depends on who you ask. ALL Glocks have the grip pin. LOTS of people refer to the "pin count" as the locking block pins.

You say tomato, I say f*** it. :rolleyes:

Yeah you're right....if you ask someone that doesn't know what the hell they are talking about they will tell you that's a 1 pin. ;]

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews