JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I regularly cruise Habitat for Humanity.
If it doesn't have purpose, I don't bring it home.
Today, they had three, 8" x 8" x 3/8" hardened steel plates, $4 each. They're not as hard as AR500, but harder than mild steel. No idea what they were for, but Ima gonna use 'em as pistol targets.
In additon, found a Makita GA7911 9" sander/grinder, $15. I ordered some extra brushes, spindle nut sets, rubber sanding backing wheel, grinding and cutoff wheels. It will be so good to set aside my underpowered 5-1/2 grinder. Also picked up a spare welding shield for $5.

They had a heavily used Homelite XL-12 in Carolina Blue -- I'd guess it was from the mid to late '60's. The fuel cap would fit my Super-XL, which leaks. They were asking $48, I offered $20 and they said "no".

Picked up 500 more of these to add to the pile just yesterday.
$0.2198 a shot will be just fine for shooting at targets...
Screenshot 2024-03-25 102416.jpg

Couldn't resist this Ruger GP100 2.5" 7-shot. Was originally wanting to buy the S&W 627, but found this for a whole fist full of Benjamin's less. I have several Ruger's so just adding to the collection I guess. Then added some great VZ 320 grips I got from Stumpy (fantastic fella) and voila!

IMG_1289.jpeg

Couldn't resist this Ruger GP100 2.5" 7-shot. Was originally wanting to buy the S&W 627, but found this for a whole fist full of Benjamin's less. I have several Ruger's so just adding to the collection I guess. Then added some great VZ 320 grips I got from Stumpy (fantastic fella) and voila!

View attachment 1850685
Very nice setup :) . If you want to shine up part or all of the surfaces this stuff is the best . Congratulations . :)

IMG_20240325_133458299~2.jpg

I am over and done with this Walther. Even Clint Driftwood will never fire this gun. Last thing I wanna get into is a big surprise... :s0039: Ive never seen a stove pipe chewed on the rimfire itself. :s0084:
Time for a new impulse!
3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Get a real Walther this time. Like a p99 or PDP...
Looks like a promising firearm. I wanna get something else besides 9mm.
Do you know a 22LR semi-auto handgun, with a longer barrel in the lightweight side?
A bit more power than a regular 22LR semi auto?
Man I am so tempted to do this.. Total original weight is 2.3 lbs...:s0006:

1711416220105.jpeg

1711416240590.jpeg

Last Edited:
Looks like a promising firearm. I wanna get something else besides 9mm.
Do you know a 22LR semi-auto handgun, with a longer barrel in the lightweight side?
A bit more power than a regular 22LR semi auto?
Man I am so tempted to do this.. Just the stock alone is 2.3 lbs...:s0006:

View attachment 1850939

View attachment 1850940
Smith and Wesson model 41 with a 7" barrel would do the trick

Smith and Wesson model 41 with a 7" barrel would do the trick
They make ruger chargers that size.
If I take off the wilcats rear stock and 1/3 of the barrel, its gonna go down to 1.4 - 1.6 lbs, maybe a little lesser. Thats the whole catch. The design of the wildcats chamber and firing system is similar to the 10/22 but improved in a sense of technical improvement. I cannot compare the wear and tear for 10/22 is all steel with legendary robust design.

If I take off the wilcats rear stock and 1/3 of the barrel, its gonna go down to 1.4 - 1.6 lbs, maybe a little lesser.
Have you thought about how you'll have a Turkish .22 with a giant hole in the hollow stock and tons of money chopping the barrel, threading and re-crowning it to get it back to original accuracy? Why not get a .22 subgun that is already done. There are tons of them.

Have you thought about how you'll have a Turkish .22 with a giant hole in the hollow stock and tons of money chopping the barrel, threading and re-crowning it to get it back to original accuracy? Why not get a .22 subgun that is already done. There are tons of them.
I'm definitely open to anything. I'm not worried in getting the wrong stuff since I know you guys are there... :s0140:
But there are some parts like for example the Ruger 10/22 custom built that I couldn't understand fully due to my lack of experience.... yet,, :s0036:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews