JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just picked up a new Eberlestock F3 Halftrack out of a pawn shop for $171. Nice pack and $60 cheaper than I could get it anywhere else. Also ordered everything I need to Law Tactical/KAK/Sig my 300 Blackout pistol build. Guess what's going in the pack...

Getting 'newer' tires mounted on the farm truck, it will be nice to have actual tread on the back axel for a change:confused:
thinking of buying more outdoor lights/motion dectors.
instead of buying a 308 sporter I may spend that money on a B&C tac stock that weighs 2.6 pounds and slap it on my Rem AACSD, then I'm good to go?o_O
food, always room for more food/meds

I have the little portable Lifestraws. Thought the pic above was a joke - looked like something else hahaha.
Will check it out. As an unfortunate city boy, yes water treatment/filters/storage is huge. Someday I'll have a well.

JB - I cut my overpriced Comcast cord a few months back. Stuck an HD antenna on the roof and it works great. With what passes for TV comedy, movies, news (gov propaganda fear mongering crap) I don't miss it at all.

When I want to laugh I go old school now - Hogans Heroes, All in the Family and dozens of other fun to watch shows that were not written for a six year old.

Oh - prep - bought a Franklin Stud Finder - only one that works for me (although it keeps trying to latch onto me).

Bought a big lot of 3 and 4" steel screws and four sheets of 3/4" plywood. Seems like when you need it, it won't be around.

Took my disabled vet neighbor to his CHL class and he bought a Ruger SR22 on the way back. So it is nice he at least has something now. His crow wife made him get rid of his gun collection earlier because guns do bad things. He had to plead with her to allow the 22lr in the house. Barf.

Over the years I spent $1000's of dollars to get TV/radio, maybe $12,000 because I was that cut-off.
Back in the 90's I would sit in my PU at midnight just to get the Big radio stations from NV/UT, mid winter @ -15 I'd be in my unheated truck just to get news.
The internet has been a boon beyond measure, I can read any book, watch any show, follow any event in near real time.
I will miss it in the worst way when it goes down.
My fall back is to mount-up and ride a route with a pack string between towns, Post Offices and such to stay informed and provide a service.

Oh - prep - bought a Franklin Stud Finder - only one that works for me (although it keeps trying to latch onto me).

Bought a big lot of 3 and 4" steel screws and four sheets of 3/4" plywood. Seems like when you need it, it won't be around.

Took my disabled vet neighbor to his CHL class and he bought a Ruger SR22 on the way back. So it is nice he at least has something now. His crow wife made him get rid of his gun collection earlier because guns do bad things. He had to plead with her to allow the 22lr in the house. Barf.

First; I wanna thank you for your service, helping your neighbor, your at 99.9% in my book.
We lost our last WW2 vet last year, he was on Okinawa, the man before him was in France 1944-45. Being a WW2 history buff I have an inkling of what that was like.
Fun Fact!
Did you know that Col. Dolittle trained his air crews at Pennelton OR?
There is a mesa just outside town w/airstrip that was the mock aircraft carrier!

Filled a 5 gallon bucket full of Dial soap bars, Stocked up huge at Costco, including a lot of Coppertop batts and this little goodie, which was 20 bucks. Next trip I'm buying 2 more! It takes 4 or 8 D cells and has 3 intensity settings. Also ordered 24 rechargeable Ds off Amazon. I have multiple solar chargers

6y1841.jpg

We own the only home on a small mountain in rural Klamath County. Over the summer we built a 12x12 greenhouse with a 12x20 "backyard" that is chicken-wired 2 feet under the ground and even over the top to keep out all manner of vermin. It's one thing to have your hobby farm destroyed by rabbits/deer/birds/people, but it's something entirely different to wake up one morning and find your families survival pillaged.

Once the greenhouse project was done, seeds were stocked. We now have readily accessible seeds for next spring, some stuff is in the ground already(only if it can handle a 5,000ft. winter) and we have several cans of "survival" seeds in nitrogen filled long term storage.

The Bison hand pump is the best $1,200 I have ever spent. Though I have the river 50 yards from my front door, my well delivers incredibly clean water and will continue to do so when the power is out. The Bison pump runs along side your pipe and is attachable to 6" well heads(there are other models, of course. You can even get a solar pump if you are so inclined. I want mine to be used by my grandchildren, so I went with the hand pump.). Having access to the ground water is probably the dividing line between our place being sustainable and having to move on in a disaster.

Should everything hold together, we will eventually fence the majority of our perimeter and potentially a few head of cattle. When the ground thaws, we will dig a root cellar that will keep us fed through the winters. We are looking for the ability to keep on living without power. The only real downside is refrigeration. The winters are easy, but keeping food cool in 110 degree temps creates a challenge. Should we get far enough to decide that solar power is "next" on our to-do list, it will be a system simply to run refrigeration and maybe a light or two at night.

My goal is to get to a point where if the lights go out or the world ends, we wouldn't even know about it until a few family members(hopefully) started showing up after fleeing the cities.

We cast our own bullets, raise our own chickens and eggs, grow our own potatoes, shoot our own deer and elk, chop our own firewood, catch our own trout, teach our own children, protect our own families and communities and even if the "real world"(that a TV show, right?) keeps on ticking it has already been worth it. It is very hard to do, but if you can get out, get out. If you cannot, be ready and make friends with someone who can. It is my opinion that people living in cities that are serious about being prepared should have an actual place to go. Preferably a relative's home or land rather than National Forest. Though if it must be NF, have an area identified and make sure it's not 12 miles outside of Estacada. If a real disaster situation does happen, the idea that you will be able to "go to the mountains" and make friends when you get there while people are killing each other is crazy. At the same time, those of us already out here will without question be in need of "like-minded" individuals if we are to truly survive in a real collapse. Of the 40 or so family members and friends that I would like to have here when it is time, I mean it when I say that 5 of them showing up(without bringing Ebola with them) would probably increase my chances of survival 2 or 3 times.

Trimmed hooves, moved firewood, tomatoes are still growing in green house, moved grouts and cracked wheat from deep freeze, shoveled horse poop, drank beer.
Need to inventory LT food supply by age as well as type:confused:

We own the only home on a small mountain in rural Klamath County. Over the summer we built a 12x12 greenhouse with a 12x20 "backyard" that is chicken-wired 2 feet under the ground and even over the top to keep out all manner of vermin. It's one thing to have your hobby farm destroyed by rabbits/deer/birds/people, but it's something entirely different to wake up one morning and find your families survival pillaged.

Sam I think a green house is one of the most vital investments a person can make, I will be erecting GH #2 next spring.
One thing I can tell you is that aged cow/chicken manure will give wonderful results, I had poor soil but this year I doubled output by just adding $40 of manure, that sounds like a lot of money but the quality of the produce is more than worth it!
Raised beds built from salvaged lumber/logs are great because you just lay galvanized mesh down before building the bed and it keeps gophers out

Come on! Crocks are easy! I was wondering if the Marsupial Lion had resurrected!
Went and got a Kuhl base layer shirt out of boiled Marino wool. This process makes the wool soft as cashmere and is supposed to wick much like man made fibers. They sure aren't lying about the softness! :confused:Once again, sticker shock! $85,!!!:confused:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews