JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be sure to check it out. A lot of people have gone hypothermic when their down clothing or sleeping bag got wet. Down fails completely when its wet, bad stuff for the PNW.

I learned the downfalls of down jackets on a Civil Air Patrol Survival camp when I was about 16.Though that down jacket would take care of it, but it got wet and became completely worthless. Being misserable for 2 or 3 days educates you real quick.

As a former nurseryman, I have a lot of left over construction grade plastic. You can do some amazing things with this 4 mil construction grade plastic, para cord, duct tape and some branches. I have pieces of this rolled up in my GHB's, more rolls in the vehicle, it is every where.

*Has thought about Mrblonds snide comments then smiles* I've savored answering you for the past few days because for the past 7 YEARS you've been supporting me by my VA pension, and social security. So you just keep on going to work Buttercup and remember- a tiny bit of your time and money goes into my wallet,,,,,every,,,,,single,,,,,,day.

Whew! I've been out teaching the grandson and refreshing my spousal unit on some outdoor survival skills. We started a few fires with magnesium /farro rods, battery and matches. They used cotton balls, ranger bands, made tinder bundles and blew them aflame! Then we made a bamboo, four pronged fishing fishing/small game spear! Turned out beautifully! My grandson sawed the bamboo to length, battoned the prongs and bush knifed the branches off! Only thing I did was whittle the prongs points. :D A most proud grandpa!!!

Yesterday at the ARPC gun show I picked up a couple boxes of .30/06 to store in my save for a problem stash.

Dropped and bucked a few Alders, cleared away the branches from yard, moved some dirt from point A to point B, stacked dry wood in new shed I built last spring. found a like new jerry can and spout for $5 survived a black-out. melted down a few pounds of salvaged candle wax for new candles. Found three 235X85-16 tires for my truck, free!
Lookin forward to Carson Gun Show on the 4th (be there or be square!)

Wow, erudne, I've got about 3 months work piled up here. If you could drop by for a morning and take care of it that would be swell! LOL!!!
I shall not be square on the 4th!

Todays Prep consisted of driving the wife down to the Tacoma Law Enforcement Group Services or whatever it's called and she applied for her Concealed Firearms Permit. Now we wait 6 weeks or whatever and then she'll take that 2 or 3 day course on how to use her Sig Sauer P238 pistol!! I'm very happy for her- I've been after her now for 10 long years to get a permit.

Went to Carson gun show. Got three boxes of .38spl, 158gr copper washed RNFT, for practice. One .50 BMG box and two types of ear plugs!
Deep cleaned my carry Sig, lotta dust and lint!

Bought some Dewalt Tough boxes and Bosch L-boxes to try and organize tools and supplies. Cardboard boxes and Costco bags weren't cutting it. The small units would actually be great for firearms.

(turn down volume)

What did I do today? I got URINATED OFF and decided to be proactive about the lies coming out of the White House about Ebola and the possible long term effects that's what so I did this!

http://www.bjs.com/augason-farms-emergency-food-storage-kit-1-year-2-people.product.212058

http://www.jondon.com/3m-8233-n100-particulate-respirator-2.html

And showed the wife and neighbors how to use this: <broken link removed>

So yeah, I've got my panties in a pretty tight knot over the lies about how Ebola can spread and shut down the country.

Picked up a Gen 4 G19 and 200 rounds. Pic Vs. my G42.

dp7j2e.jpg

Went to the range to try out my new (second hand) lithgow .22 with open sights.fired 500 rds and got my groupings down to 20 shots into a ten cent piece( a quarter?) at 25 metres and 20 shots into a 50 cent piece( silver dollar size ) at 50 metres.Great gun.Purchased another 1000rds and bought a slinshot for both my girls.Finished filling my wifes BoB.

Got some heavy duty shelving from Costco - their heaviest. Damn heavy. Almost couldn't load it by myself, but stubborn. As with the storage cases above, just tired of unorganized clutter.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top