JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
8 packs of 3 year old Mountain House at an estate sale for $ 2 each. Picked about 100 pounds of acorn squash, another 100 pounds of dried ear corn for the chickens. Sat down and peeled a Golden Delicious apple for a snack, damn that was good.

I took my first step in prepping today and cancelled my cable TV. I have been struggling with pulling this trigger for awhile, but having a single income with two children hasn't left me with much expendable cash for my preps. This will give me that cash to spend towards my preps. It's not much but it's a start.

Got some heavy duty shelving from Costco - their heaviest. Damn heavy. Almost couldn't load it by myself, but stubborn. As with the storage cases above, just tired of unorganized clutter.

You should check out Gorilla racks, they can make use of high positions on walls that are just wasted space

Today I ordered 300 rds of stompin Underwood 10MM 135 grain JHPs, 1K of Red Army Elite tumbling bullet 7.62 x 39 boxer FMJ, two HK roller lock tritium sights, and I'm working on my crossdraw Doc Holliday/Sam Browne shoulder holster system in black latigo. Bought half a cow's worth of that leather :eek:

Also have 11 gallons of the following mead in process (time for the 3rd racking): Strawberry, Blueberry, and Blackberry :)

You should check out Gorilla racks, they can make use of high positions on walls that are just wasted space

Today I ordered 300 rds of stompin Underwood 10MM 135 grain JHPs, 1K of Red Army Elite tumbling bullet 7.62 x 39 boxer FMJ, two HK roller lock tritium sights, and I'm working on my crossdraw Doc Holliday/Sam Browne shoulder holster system in black latigo. Bought half a cow's worth of that leather :eek:

Also have 11 gallons of the following mead in process (time for the 3rd racking): Strawberry, Blueberry, and Blackberry :)
MMm, mead.. the drink of true Northmen..

I've spent the past few days making a long drive through the hinterlands of OR, much hilarity ensued as I learned that there are more areas served by cell and WiFi service there, in said hinterland, then here, where I live! Saw one road kill elk and a few more deer, several dead skunks. Retraced a few of my youthful steps from back in my cowpoke days discovered that there is a good rifle range near La Grande
Visited Sisters and Black Butte Ranch where a 40 year old, 974 sq foot domicile sells for $375K (plus yearly fees);
Sisters Bi-Mart was loaded w/223 but no 22LR.
Redmond is a bedroom community of Bend as are all the other areas near by, must be Kommiefornians, cause they are paving all the nice places and demanding that the poor folk move out and then pay higher taxes, quite the education!

Ordered another LifeStraw 1
LifeStraw Family is a large volume water purifier providing up to 4750 gallons or 18000 liters of water, enough to supply a family of five with clean drinking water for up to three years. It's useful to have at home to purify contaminated tap water in the event of boil water advisories or emergency situations. In a worst-case scenario, you can rely on the LifeStraw Family to purify water from any freshwater source near your home. Lightweight and portable, LifeStraw Family is perfect for point-of-use water filtration while travelling or camping in remote areas. It makes filtering water a breeze at base camps, while vehicle camping or camping with groups.

• Filters up to 4,750 gallons or 18,000 liters of water to 0.02 microns (20 nm)
• Removes minimum 99.99% of viruses (>LOG 4 reduction)
• Removes minimum 99.9999% of bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
• Removes minimum 99.9% of protozoan cysts (>LOG 3 reduction)
• Requires no electrical power, batteries, or replacement parts

Everyone should have one or two of these.
Everything else can be had locally, but these or similar filters will be hard to get when really needed. With Water, you can survive damned near anything. Without it you simply die.
Get these as they are inexpensive for what they do. Otherwise you will have to build a filter sys when the time comes. You will have enough to deal with without having to worry about getting safe water. You can't carry a barrel of water on your back, but you sure can carry this.

407911.jpg

Last Edited:
Picked up some 00Buck and .308 and 6mm Remington rounds, all soft points. Also a pair of 50BMG boxes. All on sale!
Now I'm rearranging all my non-bulk ammo. There are boxes of ammo scattered in nearly every room in the house, arranging them by type, use and future needs. Danged label gun's cartridge is empty!

My relative got a job with a prestigious company and despite no anti-competive clause with his last employer, was promptly sued by it's new owner to keep him out of the only profession he knows so some of my preps may be headed his way:mad:

Ordered from Brownells 3 tritium front rifle posts, 308 Lee GC mold, 18 pellet Lee 00 buck mold, 100 rds Hornady CT 40 ammo, set of roll pin punches, heat shield for my FN SLP, SIG extended safety, Krebs AK safety

Bought a crapload of bleach and bleach based cleaners. Nothing like a ebola infected health care worker getting on a big flying tube when they're supposed to be under supervision of the CDC.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing, Erudne- get a bug sprayer from Lowes, 1 part bleach/9 parts water, etc.

I've also been playing around with the idea of going back to work, except this time not as a locksmith but as a Safe & Vault Technician. I was one of the best in the world as a locksmith- scored 2558 or above out of 100,000 tested- so regular locksmithing is no longer a challenge.

One of my wholesale catalogs came in the mail today,,,,it's sure tempting to get into Safe & Vault work. Just enough money I won't break the $750/month that Social Security says I can make before I have to pay back to SSD. Only have to work maybe 10 hours a month too. Still playing with the idea,,,,,

I've been thinking about doing the same thing, Erudne- get a bug sprayer from Lowes, 1 part bleach/9 parts water, etc.

I've also been playing around with the idea of going back to work, except this time not as a locksmith but as a Safe & Vault Technician. I was one of the best in the world as a locksmith- scored 2558 or above out of 100,000 tested- so regular locksmithing is no longer a challenge.

One of my wholesale catalogs came in the mail today,,,,it's sure tempting to get into Safe & Vault work. Just enough money I won't break the $750/month that Social Security says I can make before I have to pay back to SSD. Only have to work maybe 10 hours a month too. Still playing with the idea,,,,,
Sounds good, consider expanding into home security as well, if Ebola takes off PPL will want extra home security

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top