JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finished a weekend AppleSeed marksmanship event!

I learned so much about marksmanship, and so many bad habits I have/had. I'm working on fixing them now.

The wife and I went through about 500 rounds of 22lr and 220 rounds of 5.56... it was tough letting go of so many stocked up rounds of ammo, but the lessons and practice were quite worth it!

That's about how much ammo I go thru every time I go out target shooting;) If not a bit more.

Now back to searching walmart and BiMart for ammo you go:) - it's a shooters life I guess lol.

Just got around to getting some water stored after the move from SoCal to Reno. We are renting a small house, so most of my stuff is in storage, which freaks me out, but my husband won't make room for it in the garage. So, I grabbed the smaller 7 gallon water jugs that we can also use for camping. They have been dry and one has some kind of funky stuff in the bottom, so I am going to go get a replacement for it today. I went ahead and filled both last night. Shopping for some medical supplies online.

Been a while since I've been on here. Hello everyone :p

Hello.

I've had good success with bottled water in 5 gallon bottles.

I just ordered a bunch more then I need and keep rotating them out as I use them and they are restocked.

And I can always return them for the deposit and a refund if I decide to go a different route.

Just a thought if your renting.

That's about how much ammo I go thru every time I go out target shooting;) If not a bit more.

Now back to searching walmart and BiMart for ammo you go:) - it's a shooters life I guess lol.

Yep! We go through about 100-150 rounds of 22lr these days when we go shooting, and usually 20-40 rounds of 5.56 or 7.62 depending on what centerfire we're using.

I found it WAY more beneficial to expend 5-10 shots on a specific round, then evaluate the target and identify the errors I made, reset the target and shoot another 5-10 shots, rinse and repeat.

I didn't find instant 100% improvement, which was disappointing, but I was able to accurately identify and correct errors, which is the name of the game!

Mowed down 3 acres of our property and did some forage management tasks. Although I currently do not hunt waterfowl, I do manage a portion of the property to attract them. Went and got about 150 pounds of cobbed corn off the neighbors field, and put in the dryer box. We already have about 200 # and I will add another 150 or so. That will keep the chickens going for a few months. He tells me to get as much as I want. I turn the pump on and off for him , text him when the runs are done, adjust the sprinkler if it needs be.

Dug potatoes, picked some beans, pears for the old folks next door. They are such nice people. I have all my drip tape put away, getting the generators our to fire up and stabil the fuel tanks tomorrow.

With the crops being harvested, coyote calling sure seems to be in order here pretty soon. Our pheasant population is completely gone, they killed my wife's favorite chicken in the garden. Got a squeaky toy noise maker out of the dogs wore out toy, drives the yotes crazy. I feel the need to make a good shot here soon.

Along with the massive front end rebuild this summer of my motorhome (also BOV) I installed two additional Fan Tas Tic vent fans and replaced all the 'old' 1141 auto bulb fixtures with new LED fixtures. New tires are on the way and I will be ready for some winter camping!

I have a device called a "Health Buddy" made by Bosch. It's a dedicated computer monitor that I have to plug into every 24 hours or the Veterans Administration will send out the Special Police to see if I'm alive.

They did a software upgrade. IT DOESN'T WORK! So it told me to put my blood pressure in data Manually. Fine, I can do that- I made my blood pressure 300/30 with zero pulse. That should raise a few eyebrows...

Just recieved my handheld coffee grinder from an Amazon order. Will be good here so I can have fresh coffee and when home and the power goes out. It's bad when there's no power and you have a bunch of coffee beans but no way to grind them for coffee. I ended up smashing them with rolling pin....yes, I was that desperate for my coffee! But hey, now I won't have to go to such extreme measures for it! LOL

In Elma, Warshington no less!!!!!! Next time stop & say hello, I'm 2 miles from downtown.
Sounds like you should have a "GT" of people. (In the old days of Yahoo Chat, a GT was either "Get Together" real life party or "Group Therapy" depending who you talked to) Elma's good.

If anyone wants to meet I'm in Lakewood, but I'm in a small crappy apartment,,,,=(

Lakewood near base or Lakewood up near Arlington?
Lakewood, near base, off Exit #125. If I invented people over to meet (Like I have with other groups) we'd all either go to Dennys (great service, crap food) or go to Carr's farther up Bridgeport way (mediocre service, awesome food) or if we wanted to get desperate and lost, there's Burr's over off Stellicom. These are all within 3 miles of I-5, exit #125

I'm still trying to imagine what a combat coffee grinder would look like!

Nice grinder!

Carr's can be great food. Their Omlette's can be great but there was one time they must have had the village idiot cracking eggs because every bite had eggshell in it. I finally- reluctantly- sent it back.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top