JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm just going to toss this out there, you guys can read between the lines as to any agenda or not, BUT,..........

Over the last few years, several high profile vets, those who have a public personality or u-tube presence have been arrested and charged with things like this latest involving Mike Glover. Now, I'm not saying anything one way or another, only to point out that several top shelf tier 1 dudes have been "Taken Out" so to speak, so this could be nefarious or it could simply be coincidence, but the fact remains, I leave that up to you to sort out,................BUT!

I have met Mike Glover in person, seemed to be a decent dude, my impressions of the man were that he is a decent stand up, do the right thing kind of guy, no drama, no attitude, just a normal guy! Now, I don't know him all that well, so I cannot speak to any sort of personal life of his, but I have serious questions as to the specifics of this, especially given where he lives, and the quality of the LEO, and more importantly, the D.A. in that area!
A lot of top tier guys are wound up from their training and experiences, and some don't know how to come off it well...you know the adrenaline junky thing.

Over the past 4-5 years, I've had a few top tier operators present classes; Chuck Pressburg, Mike Glover, Bill Rapier, and some IDF guys. Coming from overseas and doing high end missions to back home taking out the garbage is a real problem with some. Have had the chance to pick the brains of them about this very subject...and everyone had problems fitting back into the mundane life of US society. Everyone's problems were a bit different, but ya can't go from mach 5 to 60 mph without some bumps in the road....and of course our great government does little to help.

A lot of top tier guys are wound up from their training and experiences, and some don't know how to come off it well...you know the adrenaline junky thing.

Over the past 4-5 years, I've had a few top tier operators present classes; Chuck Pressburg, Mike Glover, Bill Rapier, and some IDF guys. Coming from overseas and doing high end missions to back home taking out the garbage is a real problem with some. Have had the chance to pick the brains of them about this very subject...and everyone had problems fitting back into the mundane life of US society. Everyone's problems were a bit different, but ya can't go from mach 5 to 60 mph without some bumps in the road....and of course our great government does little to help.
YUP!
I did my 20 in Spec-Ops, one day I was at the top of the food chain, the next I was on a C-5 heading home, no real out processing, no wind down, no class's or counseling on what the civilian world was like after being away from it, nothing but a hand shake, a few beers with the dudes, and a plane ticket home, coach, and my last paycheck forwarded to the local ANG base! I had NO idea what to look forward to, no idea how things had changed, or how I would fit in with it, and most of what I ran into was NOT aligned with my moral compass or my sense of right and wrong! I got into A LOT of trouble right off the bat, I couldn't deal with anyone in any position of authority ( except for police) if you were some bureaucrat or functionary and especially if you had attitude, I was going to end up in jail for crushing skulls! It took me about a year to calm down, and longer still to adjust to being a civilian with "Rules" that neither made sense, or worse, some jackwagon telling me how it's going to be, but no authority to do so, YUP, I came REAL close to the Iron Bar Hotel a few times! Then there was the everyone wanting me to go to counseling like there was something wrong with me, like I was "The Problem" and not society as I saw and experienced it, NOPE, I refused, lest some arsehole with an agenda decide I was mentally un-fit for what ever!

I have NEVER raised my hand to my Wife ( or children) in an unloving manor, never yelled or spoke in anger to her, or about her, even if I had a reason, I knew it would all end in tears if I didn't keep it together. If I got to a point where I couldn't get out of my head, I went for a hike, it might be a day hike, I might be a week, but if I hadn't gone, I would have likely pushed past my limits!

All that is to say, I completely understand what my fellow vets are going through, I may not have experienced the same challenges they face, but I do understand the life and what it take from you, and I also know what you have to give for that life! I Make no excuses for my self, let alone others, only to say, I do understand it all, and if I can be of any help, i'm always willing to try!

Great report. Sufficient enough to insure I'll never participate in any discussion on this platform again.
tenor.gif

YUP!
I did my 20 in Spec-Ops, one day I was at the top of the food chain, the next I was on a C-5 heading home, no real out processing, no wind down, no class's or counseling on what the civilian world was like after being away from it, nothing but a hand shake, a few beers with the dudes, and a plane ticket home, coach, and my last paycheck forwarded to the local ANG base! I had NO idea what to look forward to, no idea how things had changed, or how I would fit in with it, and most of what I ran into was NOT aligned with my moral compass or my sense of right and wrong! I got into A LOT of trouble right off the bat, I couldn't deal with anyone in any position of authority ( except for police) if you were some bureaucrat or functionary and especially if you had attitude, I was going to end up in jail for crushing skulls! It took me about a year to calm down, and longer still to adjust to being a civilian with "Rules" that neither made sense, or worse, some jackwagon telling me how it's going to be, but no authority to do so, YUP, I came REAL close to the Iron Bar Hotel a few times! Then there was the everyone wanting me to go to counseling like there was something wrong with me, like I was "The Problem" and not society as I saw and experienced it, NOPE, I refused, lest some arsehole with an agenda decide I was mentally un-fit for what ever!

I have NEVER raised my hand to my Wife ( or children) in an unloving manor, never yelled or spoke in anger to her, or about her, even if I had a reason, I knew it would all end in tears if I didn't keep it together. If I got to a point where I couldn't get out of my head, I went for a hike, it might be a day hike, I might be a week, but if I hadn't gone, I would have likely pushed past my limits!

All that is to say, I completely understand what my fellow vets are going through, I may not have experienced the same challenges they face, but I do understand the life and what it take from you, and I also know what you have to give for that life! I Make no excuses for my self, let alone others, only to say, I do understand it all, and if I can be of any help, i'm always willing to try!
Great explanation @Ura-Ki, thank you for that. I wasn't able to join (life-long medical condition), but my older brother (RIP LTC!) was an Army lifer, so I have a very small glimpse into the impact it has on the family, but not necessarily the warfighter. Never seen someone explain it like this, so my deepest appreciation to you for doing so.

I had a coworker arrested for DV. He was accused of lifting his wife (impossible solo) and throwing her (impossible solo) around. He was skinny. She wasn't, and liked a bit of drink. He stayed with me about a month with his 2-3 yo daughter.

These character assassinations are hard to prove. People under pressure do things out of character and individuals have their own priorities. When those don't mesh...

This was posted awhile ago...

Dear Fieldcraft Survival Community

We are addressing the recent events involving the arrest of Mike Glover, our CEO and Founder, with the utmost gravity and concern. The arrest is a disappointment, and we ask for privacy and prayers for his family as they navigate this difficult chapter in their lives.

Fieldcraft Survival is a company committed to helping others prepare for, adapt to, and overcome worst-case scenarios. We realize that each of us individually can and do face personal and professional challenges, but together, we, as a company will now practice what we preach as we work through the challenges that lie ahead.

While we cannot comment on the specifics of the ongoing legal proceedings out of respect for the privacy and dignity of all involved parties, we want to reaffirm our commitment as a company to fostering a culture of respect, integrity, and transparency within our organization and communities. We also want to reaffirm that we do not condone domestic violence in any way.

However, we believe that Mike deserves due process of law and that as the legal system moves forward, and as the facts come out it will paint a clearer picture of what happened and the circumstances of the situation. We know everyone wants details but, as with most investigations, time will help our understanding of the facts.

Our current focus remains on prioritizing the well-being and privacy of all involved, supporting a thorough and impartial legal process and maintaining the integrity of our organization.

As we review the ongoing situation we ask our customers, supporters and our work family for patience with the process and faith in fairness in the eventual outcome. While we work to navigate this current challenge, Fieldcraft Survival remains steadfast in its reputation for offering unique services, quality products and expert training.

Our thoughts are with all those affected by this situation, and we ask for your patience, understanding, and support as we navigate this challenging time.

Sincerely,

Rob Parsons

President, CMO

Fieldcraft Survival

When death threats fail, then this is the results.
Unless you have been involved in the promotion publically about firearms use and not a armchair activist.
You have no idea how hard you are hit but the so called tolerant side.
When threats do not work, then they get the courts to take you out.
Some of these highly seen advocates have targets on their backs. And the law, nor states will protect you from
violence or threats by these people. They same people that can riot and walk away are the same pushing trumped up
charges.

THINK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
The western states are passing and have passed laws that you need a education class to buy a gun, and they made so called hicaps illegal.
Wake up already.

Did this guy break the law, maybe he did. But don't think for a moment that there is not a dark side to this.
Heck the women involved may be even part of it. I used to think that was all conspiracy 20 years ago.
Now unless you are blind living in your parents basement, you have to see the actions out here.
Elections are coming, time for another setup for gun violence. And what better way then start high profiling these pro-Gunners.

Argus Lives.

Trumped up charges as he preps and advises people. The ggubt willget you somehow.
Maybe, maybe not. I would have to know a lot more than a news story. I've seen it both ways. I've seen fellow LEOs abuse their spouse and I've seen vindictive spouses make up BS knowing a person professionally carrying a gun can get in real hot water.

DV goes across all professions. I worked DV court for a month before Chief pulled me aside and asked what the problem was. I told him that prosecutors filing charges when the complainant didn't want to file or refused to testify really rubbed me the wrong way. I was pulled out of there the next day and put in a District Ct. The DA had an agenda and I couldn't be seen mucking it up.

There have been enough high profile cases of DV that wound up being not what they first seemed that I will echo all the sentiments of "wait and see." Hollywood has demonstrated that there is a cesspit of people willing to game the system and tack advantage of our societal pre-conceived notions, and that men rarely get a fair shake under such accusations.

But on the flip side we know there are some real monsters out there who will harm their own family over perceived slights to their fragile egos, and often times our justice system cannot seem to go far enough in metering out justice to such people.

Where are we here? Impossible to say with any certainty. It may never be possible to say with any certainty, as people with an agenda and authority will suppress information that does not fit their narrative and amplify circumstances that fit what they want people to believe. Where you fall on the guilty/innocent spectrum may come down to who you choose to believe about different sets of evidence, and that could even be independent of any verdict rendered by a jury.

And honestly I think all this uncertainty says far more about our legal system than it does about any individual or set of circumstances. Where is that discussion happening? When a guy gets arrested and charged, why do we not feel like there is already a reasonable certainty about his guilt? Shouldn't a DA already have enough evidence they feel like they can get a conviction, and have done enough due diligence to know there is not a whole lot of reasonable doubt in the circumstances? It seems to me that the person accused of DV may not be the only person in this situation driven by arrogance and a fragile ego. . .

Latest news on this that I've seen is that he has been granted bail after the gf telecommuted to court and begged for leniency, and said that he is a loving man and father. Since he violated a court no contact order (that he signed, he was recorded on a jail phone doing doing the violation), the dv charges currently stand and he has a protective order against him, meaning he has to immediately surrender all firearms in his possession. The presiding judge did say that if he had a choice in the matter, he would be wiping the slate but federal law is in play now. I'll look for the pdfs, but they're pretty easy to find on twitter.

This is a huge bummer for the guy and his family. Even if all charges are dropped and he is proclaimed innocent, the 2a community likes to eat it's own on occasion, and it's usually the most visible that get chomped first. I imagine his business is toast after this. I'll admit to not being a fan of his online persona (never met him irl) and I've said in the past that the whole AmCon thing seemed like a way to convince preppers to put themselves on a CIA list, but if he didn't do this, he doesn't deserve what's going on. Obviously deserves the respect that veterans do, but I don't know too many people that abide a wife beater, and hope that he doesn't turn out to be one.

Last Edited:
My ex tried to convince the court that I was a violent man and a danger to her and my kids. She could have won an academy award for her acting that day.
Judge listened to all the details, interrogated me, interrogated my GF, and at the end, declared, "there is no evidence of abuse here, Case Dismissed."
The slam of that gavel was a wonderful thing to hear.
For the next five years, she called child protective services on me every chance she could.

Mike Glover is a certified r*tard who is idolized by boomers because he had some high speed/low drag job in the military, despite the fact he's made absolutely dumbsh*t statements over the years which are on par with that Voda Consulting guy that got meme'd about years back. If it wasn't for his MiLiTaRy ExPeRiEnCE he probably would've been laughed out of the instructing community by now.

However, he is innocent until proven guilty. If he really did what he is accused of, then he needs to be an adult and take accountability for his actions. If he's truly innocent, then I wish him well on the ensuing legal battle he's probably about to face because the courts almost always side with the women.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews