JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Canned 80 pounds of peaches. One thing I don't want to be without when all hell breaks lose is peaches. That and bacon. Still working on a canning method for bacon though. Sadly 80 pounds or roughly 36 cans of peaches won't last me through till next picking season.

Oh I also learned and put to practice a few new fire techniques over the weekend. My new favorite is the log cabin method. Great makeshift cooking surface as well as stable fire platform.

Hiking buddy from work. He showed me a bunch of good techniques for wet tinder or wet logs. Like the lean method. Where you make basically a shelter for your fire out of wet logs and a big downed tree much like a lean shelter for yourself. I would have never thought to so something like that back in NV for fear of catching the whole damn place on fire.

I also tried out my new grilliput I bought a while back from sportsmans. Cool little pack able grill.

I bought some 25 gallon propane tanks on Craigs List a few months back. Finally got them re-certified a few weeks ago (factory cert is 12 years, re-cert is only good for 5) and got them filled this week while I was over in Columbia Co renewing my concealed permit for Oregon.

It's listed online as Hix Propane and RV and the sign is All About Resale and Propane. He was advertised online as $2.05/gallon, but $1.99 on his sign, and he gave me a another small price break for filling my two bigger tanks. 50505 Columbia River Highway, I think.

Great prepper resource, honest small biz guy trying to make a buck without gouging folks.

It's always nice finding the small mom and pop places. To this day, I will chose them over corporate anything, even if I pay a little more. I'd rather keep my money as local as possible. If everyone did this our economy wouldn't be as bad as it currently is.

I have a general question for everyone- once the .22LR shortage is caught up, and we've realized just how badly burned we were (6 years is a long darn time!) how many thousands of cartridges are you going to load up on? Or 500 cartridge bricks are you planning on purchasing?

With the Lord God Almighty as my witness, I will never, ever be caught short handed like I have with this draught. I will purchase at least 5,000 rounds if not 10,000 as soon as the economics' improve. I might even go for 20,000 rounds or 30,000 rounds when my Mom dies and I sell off the house.

I've actually been sitting pretty good on my .22LR inventory. I haven't been below 10k in I don't know how long....I still will grab what I can whenever I find it at regular prices like at Walmart and such, but I refuse to purchase it at what I've seen some bricks go for. Now my 5.56 ammo is another story. I don't even think I have 1k rounds at the moment :( Not exactly sure though since I can't exactly go count it all for the time being. My overall goal though is 10k rounds of every caliber I own, and 5k in stuff I don't to have just in case for trading stock, like .40 S&W.

Tried out the new Toxic broad heads and my Montecs
Man do they cut nasty.Dead on at 30 and I had to dismantle my target to get the toxics out.The montecs went clean thru the broad head target
Then we took it out to 40 and did just dandy
Now to wait for the 1st.

I've been busy for the past 3 months, dropped more trees, bought more LTS food bought a load of chicken @ less than $1 a pound. Now I have a dead cottonwood next to site #2 that will hit the home when it comes down :)eek:!) so may have to pay a bundle to rent a cherry picker so I can cut it in sections:(

I have a general question for everyone- once the .22LR shortage is caught up, and we've realized just how badly burned we were (6 years is a long darn time!) how many thousands of cartridges are you going to load up on? Or 500 cartridge bricks are you planning on purchasing?

With the Lord God Almighty as my witness, I will never, ever be caught short handed like I have with this draught. I will purchase at least 5,000 rounds if not 10,000 as soon as the economics' improve. I might even go for 20,000 rounds or 30,000 rounds when my Mom dies and I sell off the house.

I'll buy 3 bricks, maybe four but I don't think that day will come soon

I'll buy 3 bricks, maybe four but I don't think that day will come soon
That's what I was afraid of- I've done some math on the back of an envelope and I've been expecting the price to drop 10, 20% and it hasn't- YET. Wait till October/November/December and then we'll see is where the market's heading. Price of lead, copper and tin have already dropped- it's just a mater of it to catch up to the supply line

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top