JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My good friend in Idaho hand crafted me a superb leather cross draw holster for my carry revolver. It's considerably more comfortable than the old Uncle Mikes I used to wear on my right side!

Took a little getting used to at first, and I have a bit of a belly to draw past, but it works.

Working on my truck. Cleaning it up, repairing some grille damage, getting ready to camo paint it!

Around the end of 2013 I posted on this thread that my wife had given me a Havalon Piranta skinning knife. These are the knives that use replacible surgical blades, in this case 2.75" long. Well, today I gave mine a murderous torture test. I cut, pried, scrapped and dug 6' of old caulking out of the gap between our bathtub and the floor with the knife! Wow, I love this thing! I've tried a number of different tools to get this k..p out, but only the Paranta had the sharpness, strength and flexibility to get the job done. The caulk's were a mix of old, rock like and soft and sticky. Broke two blades by extreme over bending (completely my fault) but just slipped in new blades and carried on. No damage to the knife frame and handle at all. I absolutely recommend these knives! I also like that my medical scalpel blades and some 4" skinner blades I bought fit too
( turning the knife into a non-folder, that must have the blade removed or sheathed after use).:D
On a side note Sgt, heat that old hard caulking with a few passes of a propane torch and the caulk will peel off super easy. Save your energy and your knife...

Picked up 4x 50 round boxes of Remington 22lr today! ($5/box ouch, but it is what it is)

Signing up for the Ariel, Wa Appleseed event next month so I need to stock up! Hoping to really improve my marksmanship next month.

Managed to clean, fill and cover half the rust holes in my truck this week. Only a few more steps to go before the camo paint goes on!

Also picked up a spare solenoid for it.. That's one rig that will still be running after an EMF.

Got my SKS in the shop for some cleaning and tuning, hope to fix some FTE issues I've had with her.

My good friend in Idaho hand crafted me a superb leather cross draw holster for my carry revolver. It's considerably more comfortable than the old Uncle Mikes I used to wear on my right side!

Took a little getting used to at first, and I have a bit of a belly to draw past, but it works.

Working on my truck. Cleaning it up, repairing some grille damage, getting ready to camo paint it!

Nice! I like cross draw for driving or riding in a vehicle. I'd like to see a photo!

2 Christmas's ago my daughters old raggedy Pomeranian got a lethal hernia in her abdomen.

She looked me and her Mom in the eye and said "I don't need anything for Christmas, I just want my dog to live."

Well, we had already bought all the Christmas gifts, so we had no money, so we took out a loan on our almost paid-off suburban.

$3,500 later my daughter had her little baby back :)

2 Months later my 12 year old Golden retriever got into the neighbors compost and almost died.

1 overnight vet stay and $650 later we had our Golden retriever back.

We just took our 5 dogs to the vet and I swear the dogs just MADE UP maladies while we were getting their checkups. My Rat Terrier crapped blood on the exam room floor (Bacterial infection)... the Pomeranian scratched her cornea and they all had worms/fleas. (We also had my new dog and cat there to get spayed.)

$1,600 later we have a huge bag of medication and 6 healthy pets.

You know how many guns I could have if it weren't for these things?!?!?!?

2 Christmas's ago my daughters old raggedy Pomeranian got a lethal hernia in her abdomen.

She looked me and her Mom in the eye and said "I don't need anything for Christmas, I just want my dog to live."

Well, we had already bought all the Christmas gifts, so we had no money, so we took out a loan on our almost paid-off suburban.

$3,500 later my daughter had her little baby back :)

2 Months later my 12 year old Golden retriever got into the neighbors compost and almost died.

1 overnight vet stay and $650 later we had our Golden retriever back.

We just took our 5 dogs to the vet and I swear the dogs just MADE UP maladies while we were getting their checkups. My Rat Terrier crapped blood on the exam room floor (Bacterial infection)... the Pomeranian scratched her cornea and they all had worms/fleas. (We also had my new dog and cat there to get spayed.)

$1,600 later we have a huge bag of medication and 6 healthy pets.

You know how many guns I could have if it weren't for these things?!?!?!?
Thanks Jack- now I don't feel like such an azz.

Sorry no dying dogs or sick cats.

But today working with the neighbors in just 1.25 hours (yeas there was some other prep time) we sliced up 8 pints worth of cucumbers and whole packed 19 quarts making a total of 23 quarts of Garlic Dill pickles. The pickles were the ideal size this year. Can't wait until Christmas to try the first jar.

The neighbors do a batch every year and have been giving us some. this year I figured to go in whole hog. So the pantry now has 23 qts of pickles.

Dug a 50 foot row of potatoes and a 50 foot row of onions today. Stored them up, gave some to the old folks next door, planted one cold frame with potatoes, carrots and some table lettuce. I still have 3 more rows of potatoes and onions to go, plus squash.

Eating vine ripened tomatoes right now is the bomb !!

Costco trip today. Bought storables and another steel shelving unit. Man those are heavy, got away a little on the basement stairs and sheared the front off of one! Now it's carpentry and shelf assembly! Whoopie!

Gave my ATV a nice Fern Camo paint job yesterday! (It was blue)

Did it as a practice run for painting the truck in the background. (Been restoring the body on the truck for the last 4 weeks)

Used Army Green (Base coat), Earth Brown, Forest Green and Khaki and ferns from the yard! (On top of grey primer.)

I'm currently deployed so haven't been able to do much....but I did get issued some new uniforms that can be used when I get home as well if that counts. When over here, I try to get as much gear as possible that will have multiple uses on my return.

Sig383- please empty your "In Box" of conversations so other people can contact you. During Korea my Dad was from Colorado, was stationed at Fort Carson in Colorado, worked in the Supply for a year, sent everything home that wasn't welded, painted, screwed, nailed or attached to the army post home- got home only to discover that Grandma had thrown it all away. He was NOT HAPPY

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top