JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'll wait to see if the bill makes it past the comittee first.

With the 4th Amendment being ignored in this bill, I can't imagine it making out of comittee.

That's what upsets me the most about the proposed bill, how the frick does something think it's ok for some jerkoff sheriff to invade my home once a year... that's freedom???!!!

So Im confused... Does this Mean you will "Have" to turn over your assault weapons to the government, if this passes?

No. Can't buy any new ones. Can't use your old one except on your own land or at a licensed range. Can't put more than 10 rounds in the magazine. Sheriff can enter your home one time per year to inspect how you store your assault weapon.

Best way to defeat this is to write to all the WA State Senators on the comittee. All their contact info was posted early in this thread.

Im An OR Resident so would me writing a letter help at all? And also this means the Handguns would be limited to 10round magazines to hu?

I doubt it would help. We really need folks from the Democrat Senators on the comittee to write.

Not only would handguns be limited to 10 rounds, many common self defense handguns would be considered assault weapons.

ok Well just curious... And one more thing... if they are pushing this so hard.. Why is it so easy to get a CHL There.. or a nonresident CHL

trust me, if these "representatives" who refuse to protect and defend the Constitution (per their oaths of office) by promoting such bills, the concealed weapons permits will be in their sights next year. Part of why they need stopped in their tracks, and voted OUT of office next go-round.

Like Stomper said, if we'd stop electing the same sort of idiots BECAUSE they do this sort of thing, anyone runnning for office and wanting to get there would not be supporting this nonsense.

What is at stake is far more than just whether THIS bill stands or falls. They need to hear an OVERWHELMING stink about even THINKING like this. THEN get voted out.

Call me crazy... but if folks stopped electing the same arse-hats time after time stuff like this wouldn't happen as frequently as it does.

You fail to mention......the Seattle area is the root of the problem. The big cities with the group-think commie contingent controls the electorate. THe same thing here in WhOregon. So, not only do we need to light up the politicians, we need to hammer home what the constitution garuntees to the progressive vermin in the cities. And hey, lets be honest.........................if war does break out, little pigs that make this happen are EASY to spot with their Obama,MoveOn.org,etc bumperstickers. Im just saying. Know the enemy,find the enemy, engage them.

Oh yea...and I would treat any 'inspection' as a violation of the Constitution and would use my 2nd amendment rights accordingly. You hearing me, .gov?

You fail to mention......the Seattle area is the root of the problem. The big cities with the group-think commie contingent controls the electorate. THe same thing here in WhOregon. So, not only do we need to light up the politicians, we need to hammer home what the constitution garuntees to the progressive vermin in the cities.

true enough.... to a point.

If this were a true democracy, then we would, indeed, be subject to the tyranny of the 51%. But, this is a REPUBLICAN representative government system. The reality is, no matter HOW many perverted Seattlites favour this sort of tripe and the false security it renders them. they only have ONE state senator and a very small handful of representatives (three of which, I believe, have concocted this bit of fascist tyranny now under discussion).

The cure is this: every one of us who live outside the Seattle area MUST get in touch with our own representatives and assure they are aware of our stand on these issues, AND that we WILL work hard to unseat them next election should they fail to accurately represent us on this matter. I don't know how many senators and representatives comprise our two legislative houses, but I am certain the fascistas are far outnumbered. In other words, we are NOT truly subject to the corruption and perversion of the tyrannistas in the Seattle area. Unless we want to be.

Know how our government works, and USE it to advantage.

a further thought.... I believe it may be an added source of pressure to assure those who support this sort of tyranny that we are aware of the Referendum Process in our state government.. in other words, should they run this bill, or anything similar, past the legislative process and our reigning queen sign it into law (as I've little doubt she will) it WILL be on the next lawfully available ballot for the people to ultimately decide. And, if it shows any suggestion of passing, I believe organising to ensure this happens quickly might be in order.

I have already started making plans on moving out of Washington prior to these bills coming about. Now, I find myself overwhelmed with happiness to be in a situations in this economic time to be able to leave at the end of this year.

Washington has a great appeal for family's having a wide variety of activities readily available at any time. But it also has so many crazy hidden laws that spread throughout its systems that I am ashamed of the government. Trust me I have had several in the past few years come up and bite me out of the blue. These have cost me thousands of dollars in lawyer cost because of views of the State rather than the laws in place by the State are enforced. The state society will continue to limit anything they deem to see unfit due a chance to make a political move they might think will further their career, or be like Oregon/California their partners in crime.

Its only a matter of time and a few instances to achieve the popular vote to pass a law. So this one is full of faults as everyone is pointing out. This is the first of many laws of this kind. Its like a test lets see how many of the Washington voters will get behind this. Did we come close out of the gate? If yes but it failed, lets spend a little more time and adjust a few grammatical words and send it back up for vote. This is the governmental pattern of success.

Where will the limiting of ones rights stop? Shall we be like so many other countries that just crumble slowly and differ from what has worked for decades before? It seems that worry is given to a few bad instances that are rare for the average citizen to encounter. Our government now deems that its worth spend millions punishing all of law abiding citizens and put our state into this debate. Why not spend this money towards stimulation our society in this economic crunch time so perhaps people aren't faced with the ideas of crime?

Vancouver has had several robberies in the past week that have been successful with a guy just using a standard knife. Are we now going to follow the logical process of set forth by our government with guns? Lets ban all knives. We already have banned spring loaded knives. Lets just due away with them all in? I really dislike my current kitchen set so I guess this is a good way to go. I should back this right? Could you imagine that all you have is forks and spoons left? Well, probably not forks because they could be a weapon too. So, I guess we are just left with spoons, fingers, and teeth. Which 2 of those 3 could be considered weapons too? Where does the logical thinking take place in our government?

I really hate political views and post. I suck at writing but hope my message got across. I rarely post my thoughts but I am just so enraged like the rest of you. I hope this offends nobody and if it does I am sorry.

I will be sending this to each of our representatives and hope they provide intellectual response versus a few sentences that does not provide an straight answer.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads