JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I can just figure that this story is going to be a national news worthy talked about event. Kind of like testing the waters. BHO and the DNC want to see how easily this will go for them or they could use the insurgent technique and sit back and watch the enemy.... us. They are probably wondering how we will counter attack and create their arguments (attack) for a nationwide ban like this.

Got my caffeine working for me this morning.

SF-

While we are writing our own Senators, and this bill is in committee, shouldn't we be writing to the committee members as well? Let's "nip it in the bud."

Dave Workman has listed, and linked to, the committee members at the bottom of his article here:
<broken link removed>

Update: I have written to ALL of the committee members asking them to "Please oppose this egregious attack on our Second Amendment Rights."
Here are the email addresses:

Senator Adam Kline [email protected] District 37 D
Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles [email protected] District 36 D
Senator Mike Carrell [email protected] District 28 R
Senator James Hargrove [email protected] District 24 D
Senator Pam Roach [email protected] District 31 R
Senator Debbie Regala [email protected] District 27 D
Senator Rodney Tom [email protected] District 48 D
Senator Bob McCaslin [email protected] District 4 R

E-mailed my three reps this morning. Got a response back from one within an hour. :D

"Good morning XXXX,

Thank you for your email. I do not support this bill, and will continue to vote no on any bill which would infringe on your second amendment rights.

Hope you will continue to stay in touch.

Tom Campbell
State Representative
2nd Legislative District "

E-mailed my three reps this morning. Got a response back from one within an hour. :D

"Good morning XXXX,

Thank you for your email. I do not support this bill, and will continue to vote no on any bill which would infringe on your second amendment rights.

Hope you will continue to stay in touch.

Tom Campbell
State Representative
2nd Legislative District "

I got the same response from him this morning, ill remember that when election time comes around again.

Seems that when an outsider from the state comes in and wreaks havoc, the first thing they do is try to enact a local ordinance or law which wouldn't have stopped the outsider from coming in and doing whatever he or she did that sparked the legislation or led to the loss of lives.

Two examples:

1. The guy from WASHINGTON who shot up a Jewish community center in the Los Angeles area and killed a Filipino postal worker. REACTION from LA COUNTY COMMISSIONERS: Close down THE GREAT WESTERN GUN SHOW! (Once the world's largest).

2. This guy who murdered the officers was from Louisiana. Mike Huckabee freed him early. They allowed him to transfer his probation to WA. Reaction to shooting: This bill. He really shouldn't have been allowed to come to WA at all. Maybe that's a bill they should sponsor. No violent felons on probation allowed to transfer states until probation completed? Violent felons serving full term of sentences? Something along those lines.

The saddest part of all is that the appearance of doing something in the name of those slain officers seems to be more important that actually doing something that while less sensational, would actually do something to prevent more officers from losing their lives. I feel for you WA brothers. Keep fighting the good fight!

When this Bill Passes how soon will the Law be Enforced?
Will there be any sort of grace period?
Will Guns and Mags purchased before the ban be Legal?
Will Grandfather protect our rights?

When this Bill Passes how soon will the Law be Enforced?
Will there be any sort of grace period?
Will Guns and Mags purchased before the ban be Legal?
Will Grandfather protect our rights?

1. who knows, probably 6 months, what does it matter?
2. sure, until it becomes law
3. read the bill, they will be legal but with stipulations
4. again read the bill, grandfather doesn't mean crap with this bill, you will be limited to your use of said weapons no matter when you bought them.

Stock up on mags boys! Now is a good time, I'm seeing new 30rd ar mags for $10 at the shows. I remamber when I used to pay $20-30 durring the 90s ban era. Stock up on mags, and get a 100rd beta mag in your arsenal too. They can try to ban them, but there are so many millions of 30rd ar mags in existence, they can never get them all.

Huntpotter ya know me:D care to guess how many mags i have stashed;)

1. The guy from WASHINGTON who shot up a Jewish community center in the Los Angeles area and killed a Filipino postal worker.

While doing some work for Michael Moore's TV Nation, I encountered Buford Furrow {that shooter} at the Aryan Nation compound near Hayden Lake, ID. It was about 2 months before the shooting and he was one scary piece of dirt! Very cool headed while others were yelling threats but I was sure he was the most dangerous man there.

BTW - I was very lucky in that I did not have to meet Michael Moore on that job. :)

This is how civil wars can be started...keep prodding, Mr. .gov. See where it gets you.

Those Lakewood officers died because of the FAILURE of the government. Not law abiding gun owners. Now that same oppressive government wants to make felons out of good people. Taking away their last deterrence to tyranny. See what I am seeing? They dont want to be accountable to anyone, and when they finally are, they dont want any opposition to tyranny.
I say let them come inspect your home. Then treat them like the dangerous intruders they are.

Legislation Introduced to Attack Gun Shows in Washington

State Representatives Brendan Williams (D-22) and Maralyn Chase (D-32) have introduced House Bill 2477, a bill that seeks to abolish the private transfer of firearms, even between family and friends, at gun shows.

Simply put, HB2477 would hold law-abiding gun owners liable for the acts of criminals. Under this bill, if a firearm is privately transferred at a gun show to a person who is ineligible, the seller can be held liable for injury or death caused by the criminal use of that firearm.

A point that should be brought up is that banning so-called "assault weapons" has been tried before and it had little impact on crime. The Federal "Assault Weapon" Ban of 1994 (that expired in 2004) required that a study be performed to assess the effectiveness of the ban. The study found

"...the ban's effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement. AWs were rarely used in gun crimes even before the ban." <broken link removed>

This point should be made over and over again: the proposed ban on so-called "assault weapons" will have little effect on crime and is nothing more than a cynical and disgraceful attempt to take political advantage of the tragic murders of police officers, murders committed by a career criminal who should never have been released to walk the streets, and who didn't use an "assault weapon" to commit the murders. Criminals like Maurice Clemmons will ignore any so-called "assault weapon" ban just as he ignored the prohibition against convicted felons owning firearms.

I spend a lot of time reading the posts at calguns.net, and you do not want to let Washington become the oppressive nightmare that California is regarding so-called "assault weapons". This is a serious threat to your rights. Washington gun owners should be doing something about this every day. Continue to write to your representatives, write letters to the editor of your newspapers, make flyers to hand out at ranges, gun stores, gun shows, etc. to inform other Washington gun owners so they can get involved. If you let this law pass it will be almost impossible to get rid of.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top