JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I emailed mine this am lets see if we can get a reply. We the citizens are the first responders to any event, terrorist attack, shooting, car accident, boat accident, fire, etc. We the people are GOOD people that will be victims should something like this pass.

Email your rep(s) today. Please. If you haven't gotten a reply try again.

Thank you,
Chip Miller
Cascade Arsenal
FFL/SOT

I sent letters to my reps and let them know that I'm a life long Democrat and this is a very concerning piece of legislation that needs to be stopped immediately.
A life long democrat gun owner? You must be 1 in a trillion, but if you are on our side against this gun control, great. Maybe there's hope for this country after all. ;-)

I think there's a lot more of us gun toting liberals then you think. :s0131: we can be any where.

Here's the response I got back from one of the reps in Clark County. I sent it to Pridemore, Jacks and Moeller last night so the others have a couple more days before they get the harsher wording. It's not exactly the "**** No! I'm not supporting that one bit," but it was good to get an update on the bill. I'll take it for the time being just knowing it won't get off the ground.

Eddie

Hi Ed, the bill has not been given a hearing, so I would be very surprised if it made it through the committee process before the cutoff. As we are in a 60 day session they only have 3 weeks to move bills and we are heading into week 2 with no hearing date scheduled. You can check the progress of the bill yourself at <broken link removed>

Thank you for bring this to my attention you have made some very good points and I will keep my eye open for it.

Jim
Rep. Jim Moeller

Speaking of gun toting lib's, where is CEF? Did he quite speaking to us right wing nut jobs? Just curious as I miss the discussions he brought to the site.

I think there's a lot more of us gun toting liberals then you think. we can be any where. LOL! Good, as long as you are with us you can't be against us. Question, if the sheriff came to your door asking for your guns Eddie, would you give them up?

All the state reps in my area are dems, but it would be wrong to assume there's some party wide consensus on the issue.

47th district rep. Pat Sullivan replied to my disapproval of WA Sentate Bill 6396:

"Thank you for your message.

I agree with you and will not support this measure.

-pat"

Keep up the correspondence with our elected government reps!

I think there's a lot more of us gun toting liberals then you think. we can be any where. LOL! Good, as long as you are with us you can't be against us. Question, if the sheriff came to your door asking for your guns Eddie, would you give them up?

Guns? What guns? Officer, I sold them as soon as they were no longer legal thanks for doing your job and attempting to illegally search and seize my property. Have a nice day.

I think that's a question that none us can really answer if it came down to it. I don't want a Ruby Ridge on my hands. They're not going away without a fight, but in the end I love my family and if a 6 shot wheel gun and bolt action 30-06 are all I can have it will be a sad sad day in America. No offense to those who only have a wheel gun and a 30-06 those are fine pieces to have. :)

Kline picked the right time to submit his bill. I'm sure he's planning on leveraging the deaths of the police officers over the past two/three months to say, "We need to protect our police officers!"

Get them better armor, training, vehicles and guns.

Even better, don't release violent criminals before they have served their full sentences, if ever.

Clemmons has a violent, erratic past, and authorities in Washington state and Arkansas &#8212; where then-Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000 commuted his 108-year prison sentence for armed robbery and other offenses &#8212; are facing tough questions about why an apparently violent and deranged man was out on the street.

On Sunday, six days after posting bail in Washington on charges of raping a child, Clemmons walked into the coffee shop in suburban Tacoma and killed four uniformed Lakewood police officers as they caught up on paperwork on their laptops, police said.

At the time of his arrest in Washington state earlier this year, investigators said Clemmons had visions that he was Jesus Christ and that the world was on the verge of the apocalypse. He also "told the officer President Obama and Lebron James are his brothers, Oprah (Winfrey) is his sister and referred to himself as 'the beast,"' according to court papers obtained by The News Tribune of Tacoma.

A psychological evaluation in October found he was a risk to public safety, but not enough of one to justify committing him, the newspaper reported.

I complained to my state senator and my two representatives. I got a response and it's GOOD news!!!

Mr. xxxxx:

Representative Eddy asked that I get back to you on her behalf. She wanted to thank you for letting her know your thoughts on SB 6396. According to what she is hearing, the legislature is unlikely to pass an assault weapon ban this year. As of this morning, this bill has not even been scheduled for a public hearing -- the first step towards a full vote before the House or Senate.

Thank you for taking the time to let her know your position on this issue. The input is helpful and always welcome.

To everyone: Please send a note to your reps via the NRA links. Remember, We Are The People.

Just had a legislative meeting on another issue, but was told that there was something like 837 bills (of all subjects) supposedly trying to be introduced at the moment and only 3 weeks left in session? Not up on how things work in Olympia...

E mailed my Sen. and Reps and still havn't gotten a response. Thats a bad senator, bad (said while rolling up a newspaper). I know I can't expect a response within the hour, but reading all the responses you guys have gotten back ( most within a day or two it seems) I'm starting to get a little frustrated.

Man, don't you just hate when this happens?
gunslostinlake.jpg

I've sent a letter to my senator and reps regarding this, and another regarding House Bill 2477 which seeks to impose strict liability on private sellers for murders committed with guns sold privately at gun shows. Let's keep up the pressure and make sure neither of these ridiculous bills get out of committee!

man this is crazy, when will they learn (wait they don't). My wife and I have been talking about moving back to WA, but if something like this passes I don't know. It's funny to see the real class acts that support this bill (McDirtbag, once again the I5 corridor legislating for the state!)

Just got a note from a friend who works close to some of the state reps, appears the bill will be dead before it really ever gets going.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top