JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
--was formally filed this morning by Senator Adam Kline, cosponsored by Senators Kohl-Welles, McDermott and Fairley (big surprise). The text of the new bill is here: [http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2009-10/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/6396.pdf and there is some nasty stuff in it for gun owners-- it's even worse than the bill Kline filed in 2005, which was stopped by a massive outpouring of We the People at the hearing. Since it will be heard in Kline's Judiciary Committee it's a cinch to go to said Committee, and since Those People (our elected representatives, riiiight) like to either withhold notice of the hearing till the absolute last minute or hold them when they think no one will be able to come, we must stand ready to flood the Capitol with bodies as soon as we get a hearing date. Read this bill if you want to keep your guns!

Wow! Subject to home inspection by the sheriff if you have an "assault weapon"! This is b.s.! I hope that everyone in Washington comes out of the woodwork to tell your government to shove it! I don't understand why Oregon and Washington both seem to be excited to follow California when nothing has worked out very well for CA!

Honestly what good does it do to limit mags to 10 rounds, the only people that affects is the good guys, bad guys can still get whatever they want when they want.

Washington is just trying to mimmick California, they are doing it with their CARB laws, and now they are trying to do it with their gun laws. **** now alls we need is a giant illegal immigrant problem, and an even bigger state budget deficit and we'll be close!

The more I read this bill, the more I wonder if the author ever intended it to be taken seriously. For instance:

(2) No person in this state shall possess or have under his or her control at one time both of the following:
(a) A semiautomatic or pump-action rifle, semiautomatic pistol, or
shotgun capable of accepting a detachable magazine; and
(b) Any magazine capable of use with that firearm that contains
more than ten rounds of ammunition.

So my kid won't be able to take her 10/22 with 25 round magazine anywhere to shoot some paper... Apparently she would be allowed to take it to the Police Station to be destroyed. {according the the sections above and below the snipped}

Stock up on mags boys! Now is a good time, I'm seeing new 30rd ar mags for $10 at the shows. I remamber when I used to pay $20-30 durring the 90s ban era. Stock up on mags, and get a 100rd beta mag in your arsenal too. They can try to ban them, but there are so many millions of 30rd ar mags in existence, they can never get them all.

Ok so this bill is a bunch of BS so what I am asking is that can anyone form WA kind of make a generic email? I would love to email my local rep but I would be so pissed that I would probably do more harm than good. I know when I used to send emails in on the land use issues there was always a generic form that you could put your name on and change a few words here and there. I really would like to send in an email so if anyone has one please pm me or post it up for others to use. IO am sure I am not the only one feeling this way.

Thanks!:s0155:

Some more irksome observations...

All 4 sponsors are (D)'s. Perhaps our fellow enthusiasts in the Seattle area both D's and R's can help us out?

Even a 'thumbhole' stock is considered evil (Sec. 1 RCW 9.41.010 (20)(ii)

Extended pistol magazines beyond the grip(Sec. 1 RCW 9.41.010 (20)(b) banned.

Anything with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (Sec. 1 RCW 9.41.010 (20)(c)

Ditch the high cap mags, you can't have them 'under his/her control' if you have a weapon that can accomodate them(NEW Section 2(2)(b)

You can only fire them (Assault weapons) at a duly licensed(?) firing range (NEW Section 2(5)(b)

Yet another e-mail duly sent to my Senator (Pridemore).

5b is scary because it actually has a chance of going through, which means you can't take your weapon to an outdoor shooting site.

5a... good luck they're dreaming, a state law cannot trump something that is in the bill of rights, get a seach warrant then come talk to me.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Moved up here from San Diego to escape the Libs and their Laws
Born & Raised in CO and became fed up with it all. Now this?
If this passes it looks like CA will have better Gun Laws than WA
Just found out from Personal Security Zone CA recently legalized Saiga's

Below are some worse than CA portions of this bill

(20) "Assault weapon" means:
8 (a) Any semiautomatic pistol or semiautomatic or pump-action rifle
9 or shotgun that is capable of accepting a detachable magazine, with a
10 capacity to accept more then ten rounds of ammunition
32 (d) Any shotgun capable of accepting a detachable magazine;
11 (23) "Muzzle brake" means a device attached to the muzzle of a
12 weapon that utilizes escaping gas to reduce recoil.
13 (24) "Muzzle compensator" means a device attached to the muzzle of
14 a weapon that utilizes escaping gas to control muzzle movement.

Starting to question my move to the PNW:huh:

I sent an email to my Reps and State Senator - I already got a reply - Less than 30 minutes after sending the email!!!!

Bassman2,

The best gun control is to place a gun firmly in the hand of a law abiding citizen. If that’s not enough, then said citizen should use both hands.

I will not support anything else.

Ed

Representative Ed Orcutt
18th Legislative District

Olympia Office:
415 John L. O'Brien Building
PO Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504
* [email protected]
( 360.673.4978

I sent an email to my Reps and State Senator - I already got a reply - Less than 30 minutes after sending the email!!!!

Bassman2,

The best gun control is to place a gun firmly in the hand of a law abiding citizen. If that’s not enough, then said citizen should use both hands.

Ed

Representative Ed Orcutt

Olympia Office:
PO Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504
* [email protected]
( 360.673.4978

Amazingly candid response. I like it :).

Keith

I wrote to Mr. Orcutt and he sent me the same note back. I've had contact with him before on gun rights, and he is a really good guy. Also wrote to Rep Herrera and Senator Zarelli. Hope to hear from them as well.

Bassman2,

Ed

Representative Ed Orcutt

Olympia Office:
PO Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504
* [email protected]
( 360.673.4978

Take that man out shooting and then buy him a beer! :s0155:

I wish I could write letters to the people up there in WA, but coming from an Oregonian what do they care? :(

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top