JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry for not posting... I use Black paper, and I paint my target on with white primer paint. When the bullet strikes it, it removes some of the paint as it passes through and leaves not only a hole, but a nice black spot around the hole... kinda like the splatt targets they sell at the store....but I can make it myself. You can customize it by using masking tape & templates to make designs, and use other color's of primer (as long as it's a good contrast from the background black paper) It works great!

BTW, I like the tortilla & Ice idea too.
-Eric

I'm new here and thinking about heading out there tomorrow. Just purchased a new shotgun. Is it usually busy there on the weekends, seeing how crowded it might be considering i've never been there.

depends, usually there are a group, but they are mostly friendly, if your lucky you might see tons of brass up there, with some cool toys. keep an eye out for a grey nissan, thats his rig. nice guy, answer questions bout what he brings to shoot

depends, usually there are a group, but they are mostly friendly, if your lucky you might see tons of brass up there, with some cool toys. keep an eye out for a grey nissan, thats his rig. nice guy, answer questions bout what he brings to shoot

Nice guy, but tries to sell you stuff.

If only i could get the full auto shotgun working. :D

Wilderness i am glad someone is able to put something together for this. I will try hard to make it to this one. Memaloose is getting horrible.

Went out yesterday. It was moderately trashy, a LOT of glass is out there. A few plywood chunks and some plastic bottles. Tiny pieces of some electronic somethings, but no full sized plastic items that I could see. Someone does go out there and comb that place for brass with a very detailed eye, I barely found anything.

Went out last week for just a short time. Lots of TVs and crap rednecks seem to have left.

I picked up as many bottles and cans as I could. I probably left a ton of 9mm brass there but that's always picked up by reloaders the next day. Came in with one target, left with 3 full bags of garbage.

Seriously, dont shoot TVs and trash guys, we are going to lose the area if people keep trashing one of our few common shooting locations. Whenever I see anyone breaking the law, such as shooting in the first 6.8 miles, I call the Estacada Park Rangers. They are usually out there asap.

Wish I could make the cleanup, maybe next time if we have it on a tues/wed/thur.

Be safe! Clean up!

Went out last week for just a short time. Lots of TVs and crap rednecks seem to have left.

I picked up as many bottles and cans as I could. I probably left a ton of 9mm brass there but that's always picked up by reloaders the next day. Came in with one target, left with 3 full bags of garbage.

Seriously, dont shoot TVs and trash guys, we are going to lose the area if people keep trashing one of our few common shooting locations. Whenever I see anyone breaking the law, such as shooting in the first 6.8 miles, I call the Estacada Park Rangers. They are usually out there asap.

Wish I could make the cleanup, maybe next time if we have it on a tues/wed/thur.

Be safe! Clean up!

thanks for the heads up - perhaps we should get a burn permit for next weekends clean up :s0155:

Today, I thought I'd take my son up to shoot at Memaloose. When we arrived there were only two other shooters. Shortly after firing a few clips there was a brief moment of silence. Out from the fog we seen this guy driving his vehicle down from the top of the ridge and proceeded to exit down through the target area. This was my first time shooting here. Are there many four wheelers in the area like this? Is there another location off one of the other roads to shoot at? Obviously, this guy didn't know people shoot their guns here. Lucky for him, most everyone was shooting handguns at targets less than 5' from the ground level.

memaloose.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads