JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
We have a decent number of threads on the topic already. How about a section devoted to all things fitness; exercise, diet, supplements, training regimens, equipment, competition/hunting fitness, the all important mental game, et al.? If not standalone, it could be a subsection of Education & Training or Preparedness.

Anywho, just a thought. :s0155:

We just picked up a Bowflex machine a couple weeks back for my son. He wanted to bulk up for next football season and a family friend just had their son killed by a free weight set, so we went with restrictive weights. It's a very nice machine but I already max it out. Looking to kid it for more power, LOL
Free weights are what I have in my garage. Along with a rower and bike.

After the whole mask/covid BS I quit going to the gym and just started building my own. There was no way I was working out while wearing a mask. lol.

We just picked up a Bowflex machine a couple weeks back for my son. He wanted to bulk up for next football season and a family friend just had their son killed by a free weight set, so we went with restrictive weights. It's a very nice machine but I already max it out. Looking to kid it for more power, LOL
Not to be insensitive, just... how did he kill himself with a free weight? I regularly toss around fairly significant weight in my garage and never felt near death

Lifting beyond capacity without a spotter, crushed his airway.
That's really too bad... I hadn't even considered he might have tried a max bench without a spotter... In my home gym I use dumb bells specifically for that reason, though barbells are by far the more economical choice

Free weights are what I have in my garage. Along with a rower and bike.

After the whole mask/covid BS I quit going to the gym and just started building my own. There was no way I was working out while wearing a mask. lol.
Yeah, what works best for me is free weights and core lifting exercises as the foundation with machines augmenting the muscle groups I'm working.

That's really too bad... I hadn't even considered he might have tried a max bench without a spotter... In my home gym I use dumb bells specifically for that reason, though barbells are by far the more economical choice
That is a very good option, unfortunately it's too late for them. But if others learn or can avoid it then some food came from it.

Lifting heavy means you have to plan for not being able to get the weight back up. Whether it be a spotter, no clamps or safety spotter arms.

Don't be stupid.

I wholeheartedly agree, and to add onto that, I posit that your self-discipline begins to manifest itself in other areas of your life as well. Nothing but positive benefits to getting in shape.

To the guy's point, I lived in south Texas for work for 5 years and I can tell you obesity was a real problem there. Huge, corpulent bubblegums ambling around straining under their own weight with monstrous 4x4s and SUVs to haul their arses to the next Whataburger. 😆

Yeah, with the odd and even popsicle sticks for weight loss methods.
Starting that on the Dec 1st.

Edit: I have four more days of Gluttony left,

1701049342011.jpeg

I wholeheartedly agree, and to add onto that, I posit that your self-discipline begins to manifest itself in other areas of your life as well. Nothing but positive benefits to getting in shape.

To the guy's point, I lived in south Texas for work for 5 years and I can tell you obesity was a real problem there. Huge, corpulent bubblegums ambling around straining under their own weight with monstrous 4x4s and SUVs to haul their arses to the next Whataburger. 😆
I saw some statistic (don't remember where) but a high percentage of Americans can't do more than 10 consecutive push ups….. don't even ask them to do a pull up or do a 880 meter sprint.

I saw some statistic (don't remember where) but a high percentage of Americans can't do more than 10 consecutive push ups….. don't even ask them to do a pull up or do a 880 meter sprint.
I can do pushups, plenty of pullups but don't you DARE ask me to sprint for two whole laps. I ain't got the gas tank anymore.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews