JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really don't see much whining here, just people pointing out the facts that there's people out there that would do their dear old grandmother for a buck, and to hell with those gougers. They must feel about as cornered as Obama about now,,, stuck with what they got, and trying to pull the wool over any fools eyes they can.

I really don't see much whining here, just people pointing out the facts that there's people out there that would do their dear old grandmother for a buck, and to hell with those gougers. They must feel about as cornered as Obama about now,,, stuck with what they got, and trying to pull the wool over any fools eyes they can.

What would happen if they gave a gouge sale and no one came? :p

In the beginning of this panic the whining was annoying and useless. Now that ammo is returning to the shelves this info is good. Informed patient folks that avoid the crazy prices will bring all the prices lower. By all means keep posting prices high and not so high! The whining is still just as annoying though.

I've never been a whiner but then I'm the ant from the Aesop parable, sitting on a stockpile. Prep, don't whine

Nope, I really don't care, just calling them out cause it's getting old. Wish I could play the fiddle, tho. No musical talent at all

I made a little money on some ammo. I stocked up a little after our dear leader got elected twice. A friend at a flea market,said he knew people that needed ammo,so we sold it at the less than prevailing price. I don't feel bad about it,they got ammo and we made a little money. Now if neighbors or friends needed it,I sold it for what I paid for it. That is just the way I am.

I traded some .22 to a guy for 9mm on here. It wasn't a large trade but I had a lot of .22 and needed 9mm, he the opposite. He said he really wanted to take his kid shooting because he just got him a 10/22 and he was old enough and ready to go shooting. He couldn't find even a box anywhwre else that wasn't through the roof priced. I feel like not shooting at all to conserve ammo for when my son's are ready to start shooting. Although I feel like this is going to pass, you never know what's around the corner..................It fricken sucks!

It may take a wile but this will all blow over!
The is a great example of how Capitalism works. There are huge profits in store for those suppliers who put there loyal customers first. As long as the makers of the products continue to produce there will be more and more suppliers that will have product on there shelves. When supplies are back up, The greedy suppliers will be remembered by few in time of need. Others true to themselves will hold a grudge for much longer.
Usually as time passes, Convenience Leads to memory loss.
Silver Hand

This is the proper place to complain. It's like the French who collaborated with the Nazis; when this is all over we should remember who tried to stick us up.
Soooo

Why come here to complain?

Just don't buy if you think it's too high, others may want to pay that price.

It may take a wile but this will all blow over!
Usually as time passes, Convenience Leads to memory loss.

Unfortunately I think this will be the case. The attention span and memory of the vast majority of consumers is about the length of the next commercial break. Otherwise more of these businesses who practice price gouging wouldn't still be in business. Distributor prices have gone up slightly due to inflation and increases in material costs to manufacturers. Everything goes up and the increase has to be passed on to consumers. Every retailer of every product has seen costs go up in recent years, whether it's a gallon of milk, a gallon of gas, or a pound of bananas. As the cost of getting that product to the shelves increases due to labor, delivery, and material cost increases so the cost of the product to the consumer increases. But any price increase beyond the normal inflationary increase, and especially the doubling and tripling of prices, is greed pure and simple. I for one vote with my feet and my wallet and will support businesses like Bi-Mart that support their customers and have always been fair with their prices, on all of the products they carry. Businesses (and individuals) who use unsure times to line their pockets will not see my money...ever.

Unfortunately I think this will be the case. The attention span and memory of the vast majority of consumers is about the length of the next commercial break. Otherwise more of these businesses who practice price gouging wouldn't still be in business. Distributor prices have gone up slightly due to inflation and increases in material costs to manufacturers. Everything goes up and the increase has to be passed on to consumers. Every retailer of every product has seen costs go up in recent years, whether it's a gallon of milk, a gallon of gas, or a pound of bananas. As the cost of getting that product to the shelves increases due to labor, delivery, and material cost increases so the cost of the product to the consumer increases. But any price increase beyond the normal inflationary increase, and especially the doubling and tripling of prices, is greed pure and simple. I for one vote with my feet and my wallet and will support businesses like Bi-Mart that support their customers and have always been fair with their prices, on all of the products they carry. Businesses (and individuals) who use unsure times to line their pockets will not see my money...ever.

Well said Bill
Silver Hand

I went there just once.
They asked what I wanted and I said I was looking for a Mossberg/Maverick pump..........they told me there was no such shotgun made :p A lot of attitude in the reply as well. So I just bought mine from Bud's online. I will never darken their door again.

I bought an auction on GB one day and wasn't paying attention to the numbers.....so now I have 500 rounds of Hot SHot ammo that I paid $0.48 per round...... and it was from the Security and Spy Store....oh well. live and learn...at least I have 500 rounds of extra ammo in my stash and I'm going to be sitting on it... it was for sale a while back...but I decided I want to keep the ammo around.

Saw a 525 round box of Federal Champion 22LR for sale at the gun show. They wanted $69 for it. Remember when you could get it on sale at BiMart for $15.97?
What were prices like for other calibers at the gun show?

I'm curious if things are going down there as well. I've definitely seen prices dropping slowly in the ammunition classifieds here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top