JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mods, delete or move as you see fit. But people need to know this.

Just picked up my new Sig P-365 XL today. Advertised to come with two 12rd magazines. Mine came with crippled 10 rd mags.

Not as advertised, 10+ mags not banned from importation until July 01. What makes this even worse are the pressed in dimples on the sides to limit it to 10 rounds. The spring hangs up on the intruding dimple causing multiple misfeeds and jams. These mags will get you killed.

Looks like Sig has joined other organizations intent on screwing over gun owners.

If I violated any terms here, I apologize. I am so annoyed by this corporate ripoff.
😤😡😤

If you're looking for a 365 or 365 XL. I'm dumping everything Sig. And I won't rip you off. Check classifieds soon.

Last Edited:
I think you can blame your lawmaking "representatives", and those who voted for them, for all that.

b81b90a1cbe0cd9315decdd17b33a4e3472558d0117b44e94a2e1c6acfe3aa9b_1.jpg

-Robert

Have your called Sig and asked them to exchange them?

I once bought a pair of 15 round magazines for a compact 9mm pistol and got 2 full size magazines dimpled down to only hold 15 rounds.

I called and the rep clarified that compact magazines have an orange follower and full size have a black follower. Well the online page showed the magazine with bullets loaded so no way to tell.

I was sent the correct magazines at no extra charge and a return label for the wrong ones.

How did you order directly from sig?
Last I checked they only sold through distributors...
Also, a lot of sites will post the 10round mag models for less. In any case, I would consider calling over a defective product and have them replaced.

Last Edited:
I don't know that I'd call it a ripoff if you got the correct number of mags. Yes, what you got is lower capacity than what you thought you were paying for, though it's not like you paid for 6 and got 3.

Mods, delete or move as you see fit. But people need to know this.

Just picked up my new Sig P-365 XL today. Advertised to come with two 12rd magazines. Mine came with crippled 10 rd mags.

Not as advertised, 10+ mags not banned from importation until July 01. What makes this even worse are the pressed in dimples on the sides to limit it to 10 rounds. The spring hangs up on the intruding dimple causing multiple misfeeds and jams. These mags will get you killed.

Looks like Sig has joined other organizations intent on screwing over gun owners.

If I violated any terms here, I apologize. I am so annoyed by this corporate ripoff.
😤😡😤

If you're looking for a 365 or 365 XL. I'm dumping everything Sig. And I won't rip you off. Check classifieds soon.
If the seller won't provide mags that they stated would come with pistol then I would file a dispute with CC company. You ordered something and received something else. Don't lay down and accept it.

Edit: If purchased advertised 17rnd mags from an NWFA member and he sent me 10rnd mags instead, I would feel ripped off.

Last Edited:
Sounds like you got a compliant gun for states only allowing 10 rounds. For a while in the shop I work at it was all we could get as everything else was sold out, we still have a few left over but we tell folks up front.

The guns are usually cheaper but the seller should have told you. If you look up the item number (UPC code) on your gun box it will tell you if it should have came with 10 or 12 round mgs and sometimes it will will say it in the description as well on the box.

So unless you accidently hit the wrong product number when ordering and it happens, I would at least call them to see if they can do any thing about it.

More stores are receiving "compliant" guns...here in Oregon, so I can only imagine this has been happening in WA. A significant portion of the handguns in Sportsman's (clearly indicate) they come with 10 round mags. Was this bought in a store or shipped to you? If from a store, they should have advised you on the mag capacity (sometimes this is even marked on the box). If this was an online purchase and they advertised as "standard" mags, then this is on them. This is not a Sig problem IMHO.

The fact that the modified Sig 10 round xL mags do not work because the springs hand up on the dimples...THAT is a Sig problem. Perhaps more beta testing on the customers, at the peril of creating a potentially dangerous situation. Good you figured this out and this is why we run ample ammo through our carry guns before they are carried.

Not the first time someone bought a compliant gun thinking it was the regular model.

How is this a Sig problem, or a rip-off for that matter? You either ordered a "California compliant" gun, which is on you, or the dealer/seller selling the gun provided the wrong model. Either way, that's not on Sig.

Why did you go forward with the purchase either way? Since you did go forward that is now on you.

If the wrong model was sent, simply declining the purchase and requesting the correct model number as a replacement would have solved this. If you ordered the wrong model, then you could do the same but should pay a normal restocking fee as a result of your mistake.

As far as dimpled mags, the spring does "bump over" the dimple but this does not affect function. It makes it sound and feel a bit weird when loading them but otherwise has no effect. You can simply drill out the dimple as well. I have a few neutered Sig and CZ mags that were given to me, they function fine both pre and post drilling.

Last Edited:
Sounds like you got a compliant gun for states only allowing 10 rounds. For a while in the shop I work at it was all we could get as everything else was sold out, we still have a few left over but we tell folks up front.

The guns are usually cheaper but the seller should have told you. If you look up the item number (UPC code) on your gun box it will tell you if it should have came with 10 or 12 round mgs and sometimes it will will say it in the description as well on the box.

So unless you accidently hit the wrong product number when ordering and it happens, I would at least call them to see if they can do any thing about it.
Yes, there are a couple different item #s for ea. Sig. The CA compliant version and the free state versions. Glock and other companies do the same thing. Easy to order the wrong item # if you're in a hurry. That being said QC is not what it used to be. Likely some airhead was busy looking at Instagram and put the wrong mags in the wrong box.

Not the first time someone bought a compliant gun thinking it was the regular model.
Hell, that happened when I picked up my TX-22 from Sportsmans/Cabelas (I honestly don't recall). I'm just glad that their "fix" to limit the mags was that plastic insert that is so easily removed.

Dimpled mags like the OP's? I know how you feel but I screwed up there. I have an aftermarket XL frame and just assumed that 10 rounders were flush fit while 12 would have an extension. Imagine my surprise when I got these in the mail:

FD33A128-30F9-4172-8669-E2E6B6188E57.jpeg

The 12-rd magazine is a flush fit with the XL sized grip modules. The 10-rd sits flush on the smaller P365 sized grip.

I know you know this, but others may be a bit confused.

If you buy the 12 or 15 round magazines, you will get two baseplates.

On the 12-round magazine one provides a flush fit on the XL sized grip and the other fills in the gap that would otherwise occur when using the 12-rd stick in a standard 10-rd sized grip module.

The 15-rd magazine has two filler baseplates of different heights. One fills in the gap when used with the 12-rd XL grip and the other fills in the larger gap when using this long magazine in the shorter 10-rd P365 sized grip.

I'd post photos, as I have all the permutations, but I'm out the door to work in a few. If anyone wants them let me know and I'll post them up tonight or tomorrow.

As far as the dimple, drill it out. Go a bit bigger with the drill bit than you might think. It won't hurt the mags strength and will function just fine. The same spring is used in the dimpled and undimpled versions.

I use a drill press and a block of wood inside the mag body to reduce the amount of flashing / burr created by the bit. You can also "double drill" to reduce the internal burr. Drill all the way through with a slightly smaller bit then come through from the other direction with the larger bit. That will remove the flashing / burr on the far side hole as you do the final enlargement. The tiny amount of burr you will have now on the entry side hole is easily removed by flipping the magazine and coming back the other direction with the final sized bit. That will clean it up nicely.

It takes about as long to do as it took me to type the above. Let me know if this is not clear and I'll happily try and confuse the issue even more!

Last Edited:
Not a rip off.
You either ordered the wrong SKU or someone in shipping made a mistake.
Here are the SKU's...

In any event, contact SIG.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR