JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marriage is not a win for a man. Dammit! How many times to I have to say it.

Just bought some overpriced Aguila Super Colibri 22 ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt, and it wasn't Cheaper Than Dirt. Been itching to play with some of those and tired of waiting on Midway. A man, a indoor backstop, and a dream.

Sorry bro but my marriage was made in heaven. Really. Yes I know it's unusual these days, I offer my sympathy and a big glass of your favorite hard stuff

Marriage is not a win for a man. Dammit! How many times to I have to say it.

Burton, my good man, there's winners and there's losers in the game of life and marriage. Not all of have us lost at either! 35 years and counting. Besides she's hell on wheels with both long and short guns and has actually backed my play with both, I guarantee she's one to run the river with.

Same here my friend.. we are truly blessed. It does happen

I've only bought 2 boxes of .380 in the past 6 months and that was when the price was very reasonable. Other than that, I shoot what I load. I didn't panic buy and didn't hoard.

I guess if people don't like anal rape, then don't go to those places and bend over with your pants down.

Did the security store start carrying guns again? Last time I went there they had been bought by some guy and they didn't have any guns. The guy said there was no money in guns. Haven't gone back since.

I went there and they must have been losing money or something because prices were fair.. For a while..

Went in two weeks ago and was shocked. Prices on everything is double what it is anywhere else..
And we're talking "hot shots ammo" nothing fancy. Reloaded 9mm for 17-25 a box, .22 box of 50 for $20..
And to boot, one of the young guys pulled out his sidearm, unloaded it to show it to me, then proceeded to pretend to fire it.. While aiming it at his buddy.
They also call magazines clips.. Dont think Ill be back there.

consumers should just vote with their feet and quit bubbleguming. The only decent prices I have ever seen at NW Armory is there leaders. The Security Store has always been high. Every gun shop in PDX has a history and they are consistent in their practices. I remember back in 1994 when the Ban came and the same bubbleguming was about the same and after the ban was in effect the consumers went back to the gougers. Smith & Wesson and Ruger were principal players in that ban and look at them now. They are the largest sellers in the business. Ammo consumers are like Gasoline consumers . . . . . . they buy on price alone and have no long term memory.
S&W and Ruger are not run by the same people that were running those companies during their support of bans.

William Ruger who once said something to the effect that people didn't need black guns and hi-cap mags, is now dead. Ruger Co. is now producing AR15 clones.

S&W was boycotted and it caused them a lot of pain, forcing them to sell at a loss to a company that renounced the agreement with Clinton, and now they produce AR15 clones too.

So yes, there is a difference, and no, many of us do not have such short memories and do not buy on price alone forgetting those who try to rip us off or take away our rights.

I have to say that I personaly know the owner of the securty stores heart is in the right place. So I may have a small dog in the fight.

That said, health conditions lead him to making short descision for managment, that managment reaked havok on his reputation in th last 5 years.

Prices on rifles were too high back in the day as well...

The owner has struggled with a high turn around rate for quality employees like the rest of us. NOt an excuse, just some context.

I believe the current ammo market is at a grid lock because the laws and the environment have made ammo manufacturing much more cost prohibative in such a short time that the vast majority, especcialy the older gun crowd is finding it difficult to accept the economics of it and not just the politics which is over shadowing the market right now.

As a reloader I have been hit much harder than shelf buyers with hazard fees and other bullsheit. My loading expenses are much more than surplus or factory,...I dont complain, because i have no one to target for complaints, these are epa and shipping based hazard fees that are being levyed as of last year....and top down policies.

these costs are finding there way up the chain.

I keep hearing "the Bi Mart cheap 5.56" story but if you understood the details then you would understand it is a delayed receipt of an old back order full fillment. Even Bi Mart has stated they do not know what prices will do even though supply is freeing up. The bulk 5.56 is also running out. It is for the moment th ebest deal in town, if you can still find it, no boubt.

I am not saying there is not gouging, obviously there are always those that take advantage, i stay out of the storefronts for that reason... I am just saying i think it is unfair to target one, given the context and environment of uncertainty.

The market is the best judge of price, capatlism the best remover of economic tumors, even beyond the firearms industry.

Back to the subject, the securty store has an honest business model from what i have seen, but has been caught up in the hype from time to time as have many local firearms stores. It has had its share of bad employees, like all other business, and has baught in over market values, but at its core, it tries to be a vector for outfitting informed people with equipment on that side of town.

I do not work for them, I do not know alot about the internal workings day to day, but I know the owner, I know him to be a compassionate and intelligent man, not at all greedy. I also know he wants to provide a service to the comunity and not just drain it of resources. I also know that he deeply believes in the 2nd amendment and our freedoms.

I shop there reguluarly for Night Vision equipment and Securty gear, and have always been pleased but the ammo I have stayed away from personaly, yes spendy, but not out of the current norm.

However, our test ammo comes in bulk from the securty store. We use this daily for testing builds and have had no complaints.

I dont even know what the prices are like in the store fronts at this very moment, but i am tired of hearing..."i remember when i could get 5000 rounds of .22 for two coca-cola caps and a yard of string".

Inflation is a bubblegum no matter the motivator or aggitator.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top