JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Virtually all of my Shelby Cobra replica is USA made. Yeah I know it's an unusual example. I always try to buy US, but it's difficult

That's actually a terrible example my friend, lol. If it was a mass produced part I would venture to say it would be outsourced. American manufacturing IMO has priced ourselves out of the game. It has come back a little due to the economy that has humbled ourselves. I did a class in economics and in the 60's it's was common knowledge that America and our cost of production and future regulations would drive world wide inflation. All in all, I go to buy the same product at the best price. Just because your a local small business mean I am going to pay 20 percent more because you can't buy in bulk. Walmart started out as a small store a long time ago, successful businesses now are frowned upon. This is part of the entitled society we live in now.

Ammo will never be the same price it was 3 years ago. We need to get used to it. So if you are waiting for the good old days, you are missing the boat and will pay higher later. But when I go to the store and see stuff higher than I think is right, I don't complain to the manager. I just keep rolling and buy elsewhere. Sorry to say it, but we women KNOW how to find bargains, and we hold out for them. But right now, holding out won't work. Up up up go the prices. If chicken breasts are high, but they are going to go higher, bite the bullet and stock up. If you like chicken breasts, that is.

I disagree, I think prices will go back down over time. The ammo companies are working overtime right now and adding more capacity, sooner or later there will be a glut of supply and the speculators that have been stockpiling will have safes full of ammo that they paid way too much for.
Right now ammo is in a bubble, just like housing was a few years ago. At that time the common wisdom held that the prices would keep going up forever and that we could never build them fast enough to keep up. We all know what happened when the speculators pulled out of the market, lots of areas saw housing prices plummet.
History tells us over and over that bubbles like this ALWAYS burst sooner or later. Look up the tulip bubble in Holland, scholars have been studying it for centuries.

288cgp5.jpg

3 or 4 months back I bought some Rem Golden Saber 9mm at Security Store for $17/25rds, that same day I went to WVA and their price was $31/25rds. ALMOST DOUBLE, guess its all in what your looking for.

That's actually a terrible example my friend, lol. If it was a mass produced part I would venture to say it would be outsourced. American manufacturing IMO has priced ourselves out of the game. It has come back a little due to the economy that has humbled ourselves. I did a class in economics and in the 60's it's was common knowledge that America and our cost of production and future regulations would drive world wide inflation. All in all, I go to buy the same product at the best price. Just because your a local small business mean I am going to pay 20 percent more because you can't buy in bulk. Walmart started out as a small store a long time ago, successful businesses now are frowned upon. This is part of the entitled society we live in now.

Can't really disagree.. but I guarantee you will pay 20% more for my new super cool 1 and 2 piece walking sticks, staffs and wood artwork products.. cause chinee aren't making them

Did the security store start carrying guns again? Last time I went there they had been bought by some guy and they didn't have any guns. The guy said there was no money in guns. Haven't gone back since.

I believe they lost their FFL. Accessory margin > firearm margin, so it's sort of accurate to say there's less profit in firearms, if you look at % instead of actual dollars.

One of the happiest days in my life came after my move. I apparently had never put all my ammo in one place before the move. Now, one of my 25 gun safes is half full of ammo. It's terrible to look at what I have. I have numerous 7mm Mag boxes with price tags under $10. Have 9mm at 7-9 bucks a box. About 9 bricks of 22 at scary cheap price tags. I was worried about the shortage and prices until I figured out I will probably be dead and still have a bunch of ammo.

Went to my first Oregon Gun Show a couple weeks ago. Didn't pay to park and it only cost $5 to enter. So my wife bought 6 raffle tickets for $5 when we entered. Didn't even know what the prizes were. Just so you know, I never win contests or raffles. But Sunday afternoon my wife got a call. She won a $700 Savage hunter's package in .223. Went in to pick it up and it took 20 minutes for the background check. I can't tell you how many years it's been since I could walk out of a gunshop with a gun in 20 minutes. Good thing I had some leftover boxes of .223 from my former XP-100.

I guess one could say I really won twice in my life, I married my beautiful wife and I moved out of CA. In that order.

Marriage is not a win for a man. Dammit! How many times to I have to say it.

Just bought some overpriced Aguila Super Colibri 22 ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt, and it wasn't Cheaper Than Dirt. Been itching to play with some of those and tired of waiting on Midway. A man, a indoor backstop, and a dream.

I have yet to find a place in WA with any decent supply of the more popular calibers nor decent prices. Except I got (lucky?!??) with some Tula steel case 7.62x39 20 round boxes for $5.27.... limit was three though weeks ago at Wally World. I'm beginning to look sideways at my wife because an ammo can of probably 500 rds of 7.62x39, .22LR and .45ACP is gone. Somehow it disappeared when we moved her over from the house we were renting while she worked in E. WA. and we haven't been able to find it. :s0131:
Should painted the damn thing fluorescent orange I guess.

Brutus Out

I'm beginning to look sideways at my wife because an ammo can of probably 500 rds of 7.62x39, .22LR and .45ACP is gone. Somehow it disappeared when we moved her over from the house we were renting while she worked in E. WA. and we haven't been able to find it. :s0131:

Brutus Out

You thinking she may be a closet plinker?

:)

Burton, my good man, there's winners and there's losers in the game of life and marriage. Not all of have us lost at either! 35 years and counting. Besides she's hell on wheels with both long and short guns and has actually backed my play with both, I guarantee she's one to run the river with.

Salmonriverjohn, I am 5 years behind you. Going to celebrate my 30th in 14 days. Yes, it is like running a river you have the rapids and you have the slow moving pools. There is always something interesting around the next bend and if you can hang on long enough you finally hit still waters. Anyway I have convinced my wife after all the years of trying to go shooting with me. Finally she said yes to that. I guess mine's a keeper too.

I guess as often as you feel the need. But you speak only for yourself.
What you say is not true for many of us.
Going on 40 years with my best friend and I wouldn't trade a single one for anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top