JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought this could be fun and maybe useful to new shooters looking for a nice range gun

So here goes:

The 5 best 9mm range guns

Here is the criteria:

1) Must be 9mm for ammo price ( don't really need to hear how great .45 cal 1911's are or how you should start with a .22)

2) Must be readily available at a local gun shop (sorry this leaves out sig p210's and custom made guns)

3) Should be well balanced

4) Should have soft recoil

5) Should have a great trigger

6) Should be accurate

Things that are not really criteria:

1) Torture tests (you won't be packing this in sand and mud or dropping it from a helicopter)

2) 100% reliability 99% should be ok (we won't be pointing this at bad guys)

3) Bang for the buck (this can be a wish list)

4) Mag capacity

6) Consealabilty (we won't be packing them around all day in our waist band)

Here are my choices in no particular order:

1) Sig p226/p228

2) CZ 75 SP-01 TACTICAL

3) HK P30

4) SPRINGFEILD 9MM LOADED

5) S&W 5906

Were I going to own 5 different 9mms for variety at the range, the picks are.

1) CZ-75 Stainless Limited (for use as SA C&L only).
2) Beretta PX4 (rotating barrel lock-up)
3) S&W M&P9 (modified Browning lock up striker fired).
4) SIG P226 (modified Browning tilt lock hammer fired).
5) S&W M547 (Perhaps the best 9mm revolver ever made).

There. Five different 9mm handguns completely distinct from one another. No boredom at the range.

I'm biased of course to my baby, the H&K P30 :) Although if you're a right handed shooter, the Glock 19 is the clear choice between the 2- value wise. The H&K is just too expensive unless nothing else works. The Glock felt very similar to me in feel when I tried both out. Just had trouble with the controls using my left hand.

So my list:
Glock 19 (if righty)
H&K P30 (lefty or righty, no prob)
Beretta PX4 Storm
S&W MP9
Springfield XD

The sig 226 was a great gun, I had mine for over a year and it never failed once in over 1,000 rounds, I have a glock 17 now, no second strike but I like it more. I can tear both down in a few seconds, easy to clean and both have good accuracy. The glock 33 round mags are fun also, you get alot of looks with one sticking out of your gun 6 inches. :)

what kind of list is this??? fun range 9mm's but can't pick cool rare options? i guess it depends on the quality of your local gun shop inventories...

well i'll base my list off of guns i've seen at two local shops currently.

Kahr K9
HK P7
CZ 75
P226
Beretta 92fs

i wouldn't carry any of these guns as a ccw but i think i'd have one heck of a time having a shoot with them available.

My only replies would be guns I've shot.

1. CZ 75/85
2. G17
3. G19
4. S&W 5900 Series
5. Berretta CX4 Carbine

I'm sure a Springfield 1911 in 9mm would be as sweet as my .45 ACP,
but I've yet to shoot one ...

Based on my experience, which is no where near as much as most of you here, but:

1) Sig p226 (my fav and personal range gun)
2) CZ 75/SP01
3) Beretta 92
4) SW M&P
5) Springfield XD

Leaving of Glock G17 as I think the trigger is poor (owned one and just sold it today).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top