JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is the best place to buy from online?

• Guns.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buds

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Palmetto State (PSA)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Gun Broker

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Grab a gun

• Classic Firearms

• Other

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
My hands down place to go now, Davidson's. Many here may well remember the tale from a while back where Wife went to buy another pistol from them and the FFL who she picked shafted her. She fired off an angry e-mail to Davidson's. Both of us figured she would get no response or at best some form letter saying sorry. I was shocked when one of the family called her, promised to make it right (even though they had nothing to do with it) and actually sent her a check. I was shocked they treated us that well and have been a returning customer ever since.

My hands down place to go now, Davidson's. Many here may well remember the tale from a while back where Wife went to buy another pistol from them and the FFL who she picked shafted her. She fired off an angry e-mail to Davidson's. Both of us figured she would get no response or at best some form letter saying sorry. I was shocked when one of the family called her, promised to make it right (even though they had nothing to do with it) and actually sent her a check. I was shocked they treated us that well and have been a returning customer ever since.
I'm not familiar with that story what did the FFL do? Pretend they never received it or damaged it or something? Really cool that Davidsons responded that way though!

I'm not familiar with that story what did the FFL do? Pretend they never received it or damaged it or something? Really cool that Davidsons responded that way though!
When you pick out a gun from them they offer you a choice of FFL's each showing the total out the door cost. Wife picks one, gun is shipped to them. She goes to pick it up and now the shop has tacked on more money to the finale sale. She had to either eat the cost, or let them ship the gun back which I am sure would have cost us. Davidson's sent her a check for the amount the FFL took from her and I guess must have had a "talk" with the FFL as next time we looked they were not listed.

Oh I see, yeah that's not cool at all. I'm glad they took them off the list too - there are too many good shops out there to be dealing with places like that! I have had pretty good experiences with FFLs so far fortunately. I haven't gotten anything from Davidsons yet though so maybe I'll try them out sometime and order something online.

Oh I see, yeah that's not cool at all. I'm glad they took them off the list too - there are too many good shops out there to be dealing with places like that! I have had pretty good experiences with FFLs so far fortunately. I haven't gotten anything from Davidsons yet though so maybe I'll try them out sometime and order something online.
They are a Distributor that has been around a LONG time. Not sure when they started offering to the public. Where they really shine is if the local FFL's don't have something you want they often will. When they do have it they will then give you the option of which FFL you wish to use to complete the sale.

They still technically don't. They simply made their catalog available to the public, but the deal is done through their subscribed FFLs. The FFL still makes their cut off the sale, but doesn't have to carry the inventory or do anything special to order it, etc.
Dude there are a LOT of Distributors, the "norm" is they only deal with FFL's and many of them will only deal with certain FFL's. That is why I said they will offer you a list of FFL's to complete a sale. Unless you have an FFL there is no such thing as buying a modern gun online. As much as the anti gun people love to spout this I would think you would know better? :confused: ALL places offering guns for sale are only offering to take payment and let you set up an FFL for them to send the gun to. Did you really believe places like Grab a Gun ship the gun you buy from them to your door like Amazon. :confused: If so someone told you wrong, there is no such thing.
As for Davidson's they have been in this game since LONG before the net came along. I used to buy from them from the Shotgun News back in the day using a "Kitchen Table FFL". I just was not sure when they started offering to do this for the general public. The general public still need an FFL to do the buy.

Dude there are a LOT of Distributors, the "norm" is they only deal with FFL's and many of them will only deal with certain FFL's. That is why I said they will offer you a list of FFL's to complete a sale. Unless you have an FFL there is no such thing as buying a modern gun online. As much as the anti gun people love to spout this I would think you would know better? :confused: ALL places offering guns for sale are only offering to take payment and let you set up an FFL for them to send the gun to. Did you really believe places like Grab a Gun ship the gun you buy from them to your door like Amazon. :confused: If so someone told you wrong, there is no such thing.
As for Davidson's they have been in this game since LONG before the net came along. I used to buy from them from the Shotgun News back in the day using a "Kitchen Table FFL". I just was not sure when they started offering to do this for the general public. The general public still need an FFL to do the buy.
I think you read my post in an entirely wrong context. I not once suggested anyone shipped a gun to your door or any of the other bubblegum you spouted off about. WTF?

I simply stated that Davidson's, a distributor, decided to make their catalog available to the public. That's not something other distributors have traditionally done.

I think you read my post in an entirely wrong context. I not once suggested anyone shipped a gun to your door or any of the other bubblegum you spouted off about. WTF?

I simply stated that Davidson's, a distributor, decided to make their catalog available to the public. That's not something other distributors have traditionally done.
I've wondered about the online shopping system of highline firearms and adaptive firing solutions. Is this just the same gallery of guns system? Seems like it is and each dealer just puts their own markup in the price and that's why the prices are a bit different for each dealer.

The counter guy at bimart told me to look at the Lipseys? website and get an item #. Give the # to bimart and THEN they will tell you the price you'll pay. Sounds like Davidsons has a more streamlined process with less legwork for the buyer.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top