JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is the best place to buy from online?

• Guns.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buds

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Palmetto State (PSA)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Gun Broker

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Grab a gun

• Classic Firearms

• Other

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
I think this has been brought up at some point, but I recently ordered from both guns.com and Buds and Buds was by far the better experience - they offer layaway and shipped a few hours after I ordered the gun (Walther WMP) I don't have any small caliber pistols so I figured I needed one and the Walther seems pretty sweet. I do try to buy locally but sometimes you have to go online, so which option is the best?

Bud's for sure. Their prices are generally what I'd call "fair" and they usually ship out fast. I've ordered on a Tuesday and picked up on Friday before. And they often have things in stock so it's a great resource just to check prices.

PSA takes a fortnight just to ship your gun at all

Buds is also offering free shipping right now - plus, you can pay $29 to become a team buds member and it gets you same day shipping and a few other perks like streamlined communication, etc.

I've bought several things from Grab-A-Gun. No complaints. Not sure if that makes them the 'best' though.

A lot of it just depends on what you're buying. There's a ton of online shops that are just web fronts and get everything drop-shipped from the distributor. It's hard to screw that up.

I just hate when ordering something online takes forever to ship and when you ask about it you get the inevitable "we are really backed up right now" just figure it out! Everyone is busy right now but not everyone takes forever to get their orders out.

I had to reach out to guns.com like 5 times before they finally shipped my CZ and I ordered another 15 rd mag for it from the CZ webstore that hadn't shipped 9 days after I ordered it so I asked them the ETA and they said "we are backed up right now and don't have an ETA at the moment" I was like wtf? I guess I'm supposed to just buy it and wait a month for it to arrive? 15 rd CZ compact mags are literally sold out everywhere btw so if anyone has any I would definitely hold onto them.

Palmetto State has been good but they are just so far away that it takes a few days to arrive from the Southeast. I wish California had more online stores but that's obviously not going to happen.

PSA is decent, they just take forever to ship.

Had an awesome experience with Classic Firearms, would definitely use them again

I use Atlantic Firearms a lot being an AK guy, they're pretty good too

I like Impact Guns. They have 3 retail locations and they compete among themselves for the sale. The same gun will sometimes be listed but with different prices. They also have free shipping on most firearms.

Odd, every poll option sucks 😜

Atlantic Firearms has cool stuff, Family Firearms always has good prices, Brownell's has good Daniel Defense sales, Optics Planet has never failed me and almost always has the lowest prices on accessories, Scopelist/Eurooptic and B&H have superb customer service, yadda yadda.

Ive had the fastest shipping from midwayusa, usually in 3 days to my FFL, and free shipping on guns.

Isnt there a law saying guns have to ship 3 day air?

I have ordered a few online and most have been 2nd day air through UPS or once I got it overnighted from guns.com through UPS. Midway has an auto shipping set up for non FFL items and it is super fast.

Kygunco has been good for me in the past. I still get their ads online and always find a good deal, I just don't order like I used to. Now, once I get another safe it's game on again :p

I think this has been brought up at some point, but I recently ordered from both guns.com and Buds and Buds was by far the better experience - they offer layaway and shipped a few hours after I ordered the gun (Walther WMP) I don't have any small caliber pistols so I figured I needed one and the Walther seems pretty sweet. I do try to buy locally but sometimes you have to go online, so which option is the best?
Most of the time for me local cannot get the gun I want unfortunately. Suppressors even more so. Have had excellent luck with: Sportsman's guide, sportsmansoutdoor superstore, Kentucky gun co, gun zone deals, gunprime, palmetto, Europtic, Atlantic firearms, cddn sports, hinterland outfitters, mister guns, g4g guns, Osage county guns, global ordnance. Midway and Brownells are fair only imo.

Europtic is my favorite (price, service, fast ship) and Atlantic firearms second due to the unique guns they have. I will not use tombstone cuz I had a bad experience with them. Gun zone deals raised their shipping. Kentucky gun co still has low shipping as well as some of the others.

Last Edited:
I've had good luck with Buds. It just happens that the ONE I ordered was promoted as free shipping. If a "team buds" member, they might offer that on every firearm. I let a couple of memberships lapse, and that was one.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top