JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thought this could be fun and maybe useful to new shooters looking for a nice range gun

So here goes:

The 5 best 9mm range guns

Here is the criteria:

1) Must be 9mm for ammo price ( don't really need to hear how great .45 cal 1911's are or how you should start with a .22) - Glock 19

2) Must be readily available at a local gun shop (sorry this leaves out sig p210's and custom made guns) - Glock 19, very common.

3) Should be well balanced - IMO the Glock 19 is the most well balanced pistol other than Browning HP.

4) Should have soft recoil - IMO Glock 19 recoil is the same as G17/24/34.

5) Should have a great trigger - Glock 19 trigger can be the same as G24/34.

6) Should be accurate - Glock 19 accuracy is outstanding.

#1 - Hk USP elite - anyone who said the plain ol' usp is just plain wrong
#2 - Glock 17L - For a range gun, forget the 19/17/34, the 17L is where it's at
#3 - Beretta px4
#4 - Smith & Wesson Performance Center 952-2 - Expensive, but it's the poster child for precision
#5 - CZ 75 - Trusty rusty with the low bore. Great shooter and very accurate

The beretta is a personal thing. I won league with it and factory loaded ammo. In the process I beat out multiple people with $2000+ custom 1911's and custom loads that they'd been developing for years. The gun store sold quite a few px4's after that.

Sig 226
Beretta 92
HK P2000 LEM
Kahr P9
Browning High Power

and of course that is only as far as 9mm's are concerned, I think we can all agree that you cant get much better than a 1911 when your anywhere...

Haha, a LOT like Glocks, 3,5 and 1 would also be points against Glocks.

3 the each of the glock 9mms are probably the single most well balanced 9mms from their respective frame size class ever made. have you ever fired a glock 9mm? the only competition are the M&Ps, which have almost identical bore axis.

5 cotton-ball takeup, clean break, almost instant reset. glock and XD triggers are a million miles apart.

1 and, finally, glocks have been torture tested to the ends of the earth, time and time again. are you kidding? can you provide for us a more reliable or durable automatic 9mm pistol?

3 the each of the glock 9mms are probably the single most well balanced 9mms from their respective frame size class ever made. have you ever fired a glock 9mm? the only competition are the M&Ps, which have almost identical bore axis.

Oops, my bad I thought 3 was the soft recoil thing (turns out that was 4), every metal framed 9mm I've shot (except my old MK9) had less felt recoil than any Glock I've fired.

5 cotton-ball takeup, clean break, almost instant reset. glock and XD triggers are a million miles apart.
XD's are not known for their smooth triggers. From the factory almost any SA or DA/SA will have a trigger MILES ahead of Glocks or XDs.

1 and, finally, glocks have been torture tested to the ends of the earth, time and time again. are you kidding? can you provide for us a more reliable or durable automatic 9mm pistol?
The criteria is that "torture test" are NOT important. Neither is "bang for the buck", another area the Glock excels at.

I'm not trying to bag on Glocks, I just don't think they are in the top five best 9mm range guns based on the criteria set forth by the O.P.. They ARE great guns just for different purposes and reasons than the O.P. was looking for.

Also I was pointing out the irony of you saying people try to force XD's into every conversation (when no poster said XD more than once) then you say 5 different Glocks ignoring great guns like the Sig P226, Beretta 92, CZ75, Browning HP, and Springfield Loaded 1911.

gotcha. yes- i was being funny.

however- XDs ARE returded. they pretty much stole the worst of both platforms and tried to market it as comparable to established poly-framed striker-fired pistols. 1911 shooters required to carry strikers love them- anybody else who likes them is either new or daft.

Ok here goes:

Gonna need a Glock 17 and an Olympic Arms 9mm AR that takes the Glock mags.

Then we need the Beretta 92 and a CX4 Storm to match.

Finish it off with a Kimber Gold Match 1911 in 9mm.

gotcha. yes- i was being funny.

however- XDs ARE returded. they pretty much stole the worst of both platforms and tried to market it as comparable to established poly-framed striker-fired pistols. 1911 shooters required to carry strikers love them- anybody else who likes them is either new or daft.

Funny, most XD owners think Glocks are returded.

I am curious though why you think that.

My choice, 9mm

1. springer loaded
2 92FS
3. sig P220
4 sig 226
5 sig p6

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR