JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for a replacement for my 40 year old Daiwa Silvercast spincast reel, and when I could not lay my hands on a Daiwa Goldcast locally I grabbed one of these Zebcos. Anyone else running one of these and what do you think? I just got it today so it hasn't been wet yet, but I have in on my 6.5' trout stream rod which is also my backup boat rod.

IMG_20200323_204103550.jpg

UPDATE: It's A 10 !

Had this out to a local "city" pond and this is one heck of a reel. It is bulkier and heavier than I am used to compared to the Silvercast that it replaced, but it works like a dream. Casting is silent with the only thing you hear is the plunk of the sinker. The double pickups are a welcome plus, and retrieval is fast and very smooth. Also, the drag is very easy to adjust on the fly which helped with the second fish that I caught this morning.

I decided to pickup a new 7' medium Shakespeare Agility Rod and it was a good match for this reel.

IMG_20200327_111641377.jpg
IMG_20200327_111712467.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top