JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How are these Yugo M70 under folders I'm seeing new for around $600? Very shortly I'll be buying an AK, and really want an underfolder. $750 is about my max, so for $600 or less, I could get a rifle and a few mags. Are there any better options?

I have a Century Arms Yugo m70. It shoots well and doesn't seem to have any of the issues that some other CAI guns have. I would never purchase a Century Arms AK without first inspecting it.

The problem with the Yugo M70 starts if you want anything but a stock gun. Not many standard AK parts fit the Yugo guns, so if you want to AR out your AK, you may want to go with something like a WASR or something of that style.

How are these Yugo M70 under folders I'm seeing new for around $600? Very shortly I'll be buying an AK, and really want an underfolder. $750 is about my max, so for $600 or less, I could get a rifle and a few mags. Are there any better options?
They are made very well for their price point. I have an M70ab2 which is a tank.
The Npap underfolder and their milled version are spectacular.
Ignore the chrome lined bullbubblegum.. Is there really that many folks who shoot corrosive ammo anymore, let alone have a massive supply left? Nah..

Buy one before its too late, or if prices spike again.

Forearm sets from apex (if origional)
"Modern" forearm options by hogue and midwest industries..

Those are plenty of options for forearms.
Stock sets for the fixed stock versions are even easier:
image.jpg
This is my Npap.
Keymod forearm, Manticore stock, ram sling loop..etc.
The industry has adapted and came out with plebty of options for the waves of these rifles..

However with underfolders you really only have the forearm and grip as swap out options but its all doable.
Im an AK guy. Buy with confidence.

Thanks! Looks like as soon as the Christmas bonuses come out, I'm going shopping! Hopefully I can find one local.

I want an under folder, I've had fixed, side folding, and under folding, which I like the best. As far as forends go, my favorite is plain old wood, so that works out. In an AK I like simple, just my taste.

The M70 has the thicker reciever but you have that stupid grenade/gas shutoff lever.

It would be AWESOME if someone developed a drop in adjustable gas lever.. But alas just the grenade sight.

So pros Thicker buldged reciever.
Perhaps built a "little" more stout.

The Npap will do you just fine though. Then there are the elusive Opaps which have the thicker reciever yet no granade sights.

The M70s can also come with night sights.
My ab2 has just the glob-dot type sights. Some folks are lucky and get the tritium night sights (or whatever its called)
All you gotta do is carefully replace the spent rods with fresh ones and you have some bright bubblegum night sights

Man, I love AKs, but they sure get confusing!

I guess when the time comes, in a couple weeks, I'll see what I can find local, to have a look. I definitely want a under folder, I know that. Are there any to definitely not buy? Like don't take standard mags? I've had 5 AKs, and didn't have a problem with any of them, and they were all different.

My end goal is, 7.62x39, works every time, somewhat accurate (milk jug at 75yds), takes normal mags, under folding stock, nice wood forend, threaded barrel, for under $700.

Nope. Anything nowadays will do you fine.
If you arent opposed to shopping online j&g sales had a few for around $550+ Not too long ago.

The only ones I wouldnt buy:
Single stack post bans

Norincos the neutered kind.. Mostly because its even more $ you have to sink into it to make it 922r compliant.

Saigas if you wish/plan to reload.. I know I know.. But its an option I personally like to have. The saiga barrel has a "stepped" chamber, this buldges the case slightly.. There are some that dont have it.. But thats a needle in a haystack..
Sure you could reload it with some effort.. But no where near as many times as you could just a standard once fired case Unconverted saigas are made very very well.. However like with norincos you end up sinking more money into one than its really worth.

Thats my opinion.

Aside from that, you really cant go wrong.

I did buy a VZ2008 and sold it shortly after.. Because Aks are far superior.

Last Edited: