JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I the only one that has noticed that a large percentage of gun related videos on YouTube and the internet in general are of idiots doing really stupid and unsafe stuff. Is it because of the humor of watching an idiot do something reckless that these are so popular?

However I find it sad to watch someone who is new to firearms and shooting being coached by a complete tool with no regards to the impact on the shooter. "Just shoot it, it wont hurt" then leads to a video where the young lady pulls the trigger and the recoil causes the barrel to wack her in the head. Some of the videos just amaze me on how someone was not hurt.

If I was some politician or liberal and the closest I have been to a gun is a museum, after watching a few videos on the internet I too would be interested in gun control. All too often I have heard of a law and thought what dumb act by some idiot caught the eye of a legislator to create this abomination of a law.

Is there a solution? Create our own safe minded positive videos? Ban computers from those married to cousins or in specific geographical regions of the country?

I just find it frustrating when the fight over gun rights is a high stakes game and some of our fellow gun owners are working overtime to drill holes in the bottom of our ship with their videos.

Just a random thought........:s0131:

Good point and yeah, it's something I've noticed as well. But I've often wondered, is it that the "majority" of these videos are of the "dumb leading the dumb" variety (with often painful results) or is it just that the majority of the POPULAR videos are of this variety?? :(

Unfortunately it's like the rubberneckers on the highway slowing down to see the pileup in the opposing lanes... and why the "majority" of America's Funniest Videos always seem to involve some poor schlub taking an unsuspecting shot to the nads. It always seems to only be "funny" when it happens to the OTHER guy. :D

About the only way to combat this sort of thing is to post your own videos showing proper procedures and safety with regard to your/our enjoyment of firearms and NOT "share" the latest video you happen to stumble across where some knucklehead does something stupid. :s0155:

They are great training videos...this is what NOT to do! Kind of like watching Funniest Home Videos. A lot of people doing stupid stuff and getting slightly hurt in the process. I think it's human nature to watch some of these, but it's not for everyone. To each his own I guess. At least when most of us see these videos, we feel better about ourselves.

It's not just guns.
There's plenty of videos of people being stupid with cars,trucks, motorcycles, fireworks, homebrew explosives, homemade thermite, etc etc.
youtube just makes the idiocy more available for the general public

It's not just guns.
There's plenty of videos of people being stupid with cars,trucks, motorcycles, fireworks, homebrew explosives, homemade thermite, etc etc.
youtube just makes the idiocy more available for the general public

Oh man that thermite one with the dudes and their brit accents lighting the "touch paper" to the thermite on the "bonnet" of the car to destroy it, just because it's "french"... CLASSIC :s0140:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrCWLpRc1yM

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top