JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just looking for a realistic value on this 1959 Model-10. Shoots and functions and has original stocks on it. There is a serial number on stocks that matches frame. Not all original as I just had the extractor rod replaced. What do you all think it would be worth without price gouging in this current market.:D

thumbnail_IMG_0133.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0134.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0139.jpg Untitled.png

There's a Model 10 snub nose for sale in the classifieds section that might be in a little better shape than yours. It's been for sale for over a year and it's currently priced at $600. I would say closer to the $450 - $500 range. Just depends on how fast you want to move it.

Price realized partially depends on geographic location. But generally I'd say that the original stocks and the fact that it is the short barrel iteration would impart a small premium. OTOH, there are, quite literally, millions of Model 10's and the predecessors out there. It is from late 1959 and appears to be in good shape. I'd say $400 to $500.

Good luck with your sale.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There's a Model 10 snub nose for sale in the classifieds section that might be in a little better shape than yours. It's been for sale for over a year and it's currently priced at $600. I would say closer to the $450 - $500 range. Just depends on how fast you want to move it.

For a collector or other aficionado yes.

Yup.

Thank you! I'm not sure I want to move it but, it is tickling my mind.:D Seems there is something else I'm interested in!:s0112:

Those older revolvers are cool, but it takes a certain kind of person to buy one. Probably not top on most people's list for an EDC so your potential buying audience needs to be REALLY into older Smiths. :)

Those older revolvers are cool, but it takes a certain kind of person to buy one. Probably not top on most people's list for an EDC so your potential buying audience needs to be REALLY into older Smiths. :)
You are most likely correct. It would be a good first gun for a female or recoil sensitive individual so, I'd price it accordingly. I was figuring $400-$425 when I posted but, wasn't sure.

You are most likely correct. It would be a good first gun for a female or recoil sensitive individual so, I'd price it accordingly. I was figuring $400-$425 when I posted but, wasn't sure.

Sounds like a good price to get attention.

I think that your priced in the Right Range. The Square Butt does add a bit of value but I'm only talking about $25.00 at the most. A correct box and paperwork would add a lot more to the value. KKG

About two weeks ago I sold a Smith & Wesson Mod. 10 made in 1964 on Gunbroker. It was like new in original box, with tools and papers. Looked and probably was unfired. This one had a 5 inch barrel which isn't all that common in that era. It sold for $500 with a single bid, had been up on auction relistings for about a month. Buyer was in St. Joseph, Missouri.

I'd say 400 - 500. A shooter not a collector. As a working shooter SD revolver, its outmoded by being .38 sp. only. These days, the same weight would get you .38 sp./.38 sp +P/.357 mag. Even for a very recoil sensitive person, no +P is a major limitation. Also outmoded by not being SS, and because of exposed vulnerable ejector rod. On up side, its sw, should be very dependable. Likely has great SA and DA trigger. And as a K frame Smith, there should be a huge range of grips available so shooter can fit gun to hand perfectly. These were made with both round and square grip frames, and I cant tell from angles on photos. You need to specify when ordering grips.

If I had just this gun to defend myself with, I'd put a Crimson Trace grip on it and load it with Buffalo Bore Standard Pressure Short Barrel 38 sp. 150 gr. Hardcast Wadcutter. Its a full wadcutter, but Hardcast, and loaded to full .38 sp power. Actually close to +P but still standard pressure. 14 - 16 inches penetration in tissue/bone. That is, it goes clean through. Full wadcutter designed to hold shape and make a huge hole that doesnt depend on high speed or expanding bullets. And I wouldnt feel at all undergunned.

Last Edited:
IMHO its a $300.00-$350.00 revolver. My price is for quick sale. You could hold out for more but a 2" model 15, or 2" model 19 both with adjustable sights heavily competes with your fixed sight model 10.

If you add in stainless steel S&W 67's & 66's to the competition mix, my price looks pretty fair......

check out the Smith and Wesson forum classifieds..a revolver like yours, if lockup is tight and no 'hacked' screwheads or home gunsmithing, generaly brings around $450 to $500 sold locally.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top