JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whats the consensus on YHM cans? The reddit folk are mostly anti because of their warranty situation. Are they really worth avoiding as a new customer knowing exactly what I'm getting going into it? It will be my first can, if I do the Resonator R2, I can run it on my AR10 and my 10.5 and 12.5 556 until I can get a proper 556 can. And going the R2 route would let me get my 22 can now as well.

I've got a YHM Mite 22 can that I had upgrade with Stinger baffles and it's awesome. The customer service was good in my experience, had that small-business friendly feel. Not much experience other than that though

The milled in cartridge shapes at the base are visually appalling, though they have the only 9mm model that's .308 rated. Kinda hard to hate that

I've got a handful from them. They are, for the money, hands down the best in my opinion.

Side by side against other brands that cost 1.5-3x the price they hold their own in terms of sound and tone. Matching if not beating some much more expensive options.

The R2K is next in my list to get.

What don't people like about their warranty?
From what I read. They used to have a no BS no questions asked warranty. It was abused. They updated it so it's more strict and are not honoring the warranty from those purchased prior to the change.
They are now not warranting stuff not mounted to their mounts and in some cases are requesting barrels for inspection.

Again, this is what i read.

From what I read. They used to have a no BS no questions asked warranty. It was abused. They updated it so it's more strict and are not honoring the warranty from those purchased prior to the change.
They are now not warranting stuff not mounted to their mounts and in some cases are requesting barrels for inspection.

Again, this is what i read.
That's right their warranty previously said they even covered 'stupid' or something like that. I honestly didn't know it had changed.

YHM is still one of the best bang for the buck suppressors on the market. I have the Turbo T2 and T2K and they hit way above their weight class in performance at one of the most economical entry points. I also have some time behind an R2k on 5.56, 7.62x39 and 308, it is loud in all situations but takes the bite out of them.

There is nothing functionally wrong with the YHM mounts and can adapters but they are ugly, heavy and outdated in my opinion. All my YHM cans are running Plan B adapters and muzzle devices. This has reduced overall length, reduced weight and I find alignment to be much better than the YHM mounting solution. You can sell off the YHM muzzle devices and cover most of the cost of a Plan B mounting solution.

Whats the consensus on YHM cans? The reddit folk are mostly anti because of their warranty situation. Are they really worth avoiding as a new customer knowing exactly what I'm getting going into it? It will be my first can, if I do the Resonator R2, I can run it on my AR10 and my 10.5 and 12.5 556 until I can get a proper 556 can. And going the R2 route would let me get my 22 can now as well.
YHM cans are great
Good value and they work I have a couple Resonators and some Turbos The Resonators really work on subsonic .300 BLK The Turbos aren't as quiet but that's because 5.56 is supersonic.
I have cans from a number of makers like Dead Air, Silencerco, OSS, Rugged and YHM.
IMO, YHM is the best value.

I've got a handful of them ranging from 9mm to .30 cal. For the 5.56 I've switched over to the Kurz QD adapter because of the weight and reduction in OAL. I can't hear a noticeable difference from the Kurz to YHM's QD adapter. I have spoken to YHM before about this and they said it's not noticeable at the ear. I've heard others having a baffle strike and YHM warranting the cans so I think their warranty is pretty darn good. Hands down YHM is best bang for your buck. You can even use the Dead Air Key-Mo QD adapters on them, I haven't but I'm tempted to try them.

I've got a handful of them ranging from 9mm to .30 cal. For the 5.56 I've switched over to the Kurz QD adapter because of the weight and reduction in OAL. I can't hear a noticeable difference from the Kurz to YHM's QD adapter. I have spoken to YHM before about this and they said it's not noticeable at the ear. I've heard others having a baffle strike and YHM warranting the cans so I think their warranty is pretty darn good. Hands down YHM is best bang for your buck. You can even use the Dead Air Key-Mo QD adapters on them, I haven't but I'm tempted to try them.
If you want to try a different mounting solution I would recommend the Plan B style mounts and would go with Rearden for the brand over Q and other manufacturers. Have Keymo and wish I didn't. My only remaining keymo will be my Sandman S and whatever rifle I dedicate it to. The system is heavy and adds unneeded length.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top