JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi All,

I heard about this site and came over to check it out, and quickly decided to join.
I'm from the other side of the country in central Ma. Hey, don't blame me everyone has to live somewhere. At least we don't have it as bad as NY and California!!

I live on a nice little pond that's part of a larger lake and will soon be getting my boat in the water. Obviously, I do enjoy a trip out to my local range of which I'm a life member.
We have a 100-yard rifle, an action pistol, another pistol, and a 24/7 indoor range accessible via an app on our phone, where I'll be tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any questions about our f**ked-up laws and regulations, or just to say hi.

Later,
Joe

Welcome from Wickiup Junction, Oregon!

WJ.jpg

I just looked up MA gun laws.

FID cards? Yikes!
No kidding. It's a long list of mostly "don'ts"
People usually go for their LTC for large capacity, which in Ma means 10 rounds, unless you buy what's called pre-bans mags, and those come with a hefty premium

No kidding!!!
About an hour west of Springfield, a fairly large city, Worcester, Ma. On lake Quinsigamond
Monson is an idyllic little town. RU familiar with it?

View attachment 1864254
Yes. Met Dan Wesson there in 1978 shortly before he passed away. He took me on a 50¢ tour of the old schoolhouse at 293 Main Street. Sadly, it is also gone.

Last Edited:
I've got a brother who works in MA, and lives in NH. I wouldn't want that daily commute! The worst commute I ever had was from Ventura to Reseda, and I did it on a motorcycle.
I hear you. I'm done with the daily commuting, retirement has its perks.
But I did spend many years traveling across New England, not fun, especially in the winter ❄️

Hi All,

I heard about this site and came over to check it out, and quickly decided to join.
I'm from the other side of the country in central Ma. Hey, don't blame me everyone has to live somewhere. At least we don't have it as bad as NY and California!!

I live on a nice little pond that's part of a larger lake and will soon be getting my boat in the water. Obviously, I do enjoy a trip out to my local range of which I'm a life member.
We have a 100-yard rifle, an action pistol, another pistol, and a 24/7 indoor range accessible via an app on our phone, where I'll be tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any questions about our f**ked-up laws and regulations, or just to say hi.

Later,
Joe
Could you tell us a little about the gun culture there there? Are they trying to kill the 2A? Does the population lean towards gun rights?

@Kcee I used to ride a Yamaha FZ600 from Rialto to Long Beach, about 140 mile round trip every day. Being young has it's benefits. California has those bumpy expansion joints every 10 seconds.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top