Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

XS sights for IPSC?

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by MrAnderson, Jan 22, 2010.

1. MrAnderson

MrAnderson West Wash Co, OR Member

Has anyone used the XS sights in competition and what did you think of them?

I'm looking at changing my sights. I want something I can acquire quickly. Besides an FO front sight and competition rear sight, was wondering about the XS sights.

Thanks

2. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I tried them before and I wasn't really impressed. I think normal irons with 3 dots is faster, at least for me anyway.

A lot of people like to use a fiber optic front sight at IPSC, you may want to look into that.

3. Marc1911

Marc1911 Portland Metro area New Member

Basic rear with fiber optic front is just as fast as the XS, and you have a much improved ability to make precision shots if you have a long shot or need to thread the needle past a hostage. You don't see anyone winning matches using the XS sights - if they were better everyone would use them.

Just my 2 cents and worth what you paid.

4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson West Wash Co, OR Member

Thanks, spengo and Marc1911. Yeah, FO front sight was my plan, but I keep hearing how fast XS's are to acquire.

Marc's point is well taken, if they were good for IPSC, everyone would be using them.

I was just wondering. :)

Thanks for the help!